Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok,..... Whats a reasonable offer for a CGT with less than 5k miles ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
CGT is like a roller coaster. Amazing fun in small doses, but not something you want to spend hours in.

I think I put 2k miles on the first one. I put 800 miles on the new one last summer, but most of last summer was like winter.
So...if you were going on a 400 mile road trip, what car would you take? (out of your collection)

Would the 16M be comfortable enough? Is the CGT just too hard to drive for over an hour?

Old 03-15-2010 | 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by miboxer96
So...if you were going on a 400 mile road trip, what car would you take? (out of your collection)

Would the 16M be comfortable enough? Is the CGT just too hard to drive for over an hour?
While you wait for Jamie to answer, let me give you my perspective. Neither one of these cars, 16M nor CGT are comfortable for long distance driving. I did a 600 mile round trip to the Oregon coast with the 16M and if it weren't for frequent rest stops and overnight accomodations, I think the trip would have been unbearable. A "regular" 430 Spider would have been more appropriate on such a trip. As for the CGT, I can barely run it for 30 minutes straight let alone on a 400 miler. The car requires all of your senses to be "on" at all times. Thats a lot of work for a long trip.

Old 03-16-2010 | 01:31 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute

I took my cgt on a 400 mile round trip a few weeks ago and thought it was comfortable the entire way. Could have done 400 more miles. I don't know if I would drive it 7/10's for 400 miles I'm afraid my mind would be on circuit overload.

CGT's aren't for overnight trips unless you are alone there is no storage space for anything. I'd take my Scud ( don't have a 16m ) or 430 spider for the weekend well before the CGT.

The wife and I are taking our CGT on a 1500 mile Rally this summer fully supported and can't wait.

OP's answer
04's with that mileage should be 325's to 335's
05's 20k more

This market has tightened some and even creeped back up a little. I've put 2000 miles on my CGT this year and plan another 3-4k this year alone. It now has 4400 miles on it.

Old 03-16-2010 | 05:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute

The wife's 335i cab! 16M seats are pretty hard, but the car is very easy to drive. CGT seats more comfortable but it gets hot in there on a hot day (I refuse to ever use the AC). CGT is very easy to drive, just not very relaxing.

Old 03-16-2010 | 06:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing I find problematic with long distance driving in the CGT is the amount of road noise that's transferred to the cabin on badly surfaced or concrete roads.

The suspension is very compliant, the car can pretty much be driven in 6th gear once you're on the motoway/autoroutes it's just the 'drone' that's a real pain.

The longest trips I've done have been from the UK to Europe to either Spa or the Nurburgring which account for stints of 400 miles each way in one hit. I've found a pair of Shure noise cancelling headphones and a Ipod do the trick.

I've got a trip to the factory in Sturrgart in the summer which will be a couple of thousand miles. Providing you don't have a passenger you can easily do a week or so luggage wise.

Last edited by 993rsr; 03-16-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-16-2010 | 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Josh
I'll let mine go for $455k if anyone is interested.
Josh how many miles are on your car if you don't mind answering?

Old 03-17-2010 | 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simple1
josh How Many Miles Are On Your Car If You Don't Mind Answering?
<2000

Old 03-17-2010 | 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Spent 15 minutes in Mark's Scud and CGT the other day.
Scud definitely more comfortable for a longer trip. CGT would be fun because, well, you're in a CGT, but definitely would not be comfortable on an all-day trip. Scud is hard/stiff but tolerable. Aside from bucket seats and stiff suspension, the Scud has a more open and less claustrophobic interior. I've been in 430 Spiders and those can be driven cross-country easily.

Old 03-17-2010 | 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
shoot I put 2500 miles on mine within 3 mnths of having it, and I got in the cold of Oct. I love it for trips, although none have been longer than 90 mins or so away....but you get pretty far crusing at 130
I love it cause the cars need for your involment keeps you awake, normally I start litterly noddiing off after about 45 mins on the highway from shear boredem.

Old 03-17-2010 | 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Auctung
shoot I put 2500 miles on mine within 3 mnths of having it, and I got in the cold of Oct. I love it for trips, although none have been longer than 90 mins or so away....but you get pretty far crusing at 130
I love it cause the cars need for your involment keeps you awake, normally I start litterly noddiing off after about 45 mins on the highway from shear boredem.
Post pics!

Quick Reply: Ok,..... Whats a reasonable offer for a CGT with less than 5k miles ???