Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Spyder is a reality!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
carreragt558 is on a distinguished roadcarreragt558 is on a distinguished road
Porsche 918 Spyder...

Not Actuality,.... Reality

Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Guys: I just closed a deal with Porsche to be the sole distributor of the Porsche 918 in North America. Sorry, but if you want one now you're going to have to go through me.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
U Boat, that can't be true, as I've just finished signing off on the paperwork to be the sole distributor for North American 918's. But I would be willing to assign my rights in that agreement to you, for a very small fee, say, the first North American 918.....

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
I really want to see a yellow and blue one, can anyone pshop it like so? Cobalt would look epic!

Last edited by Ryan in SD; 03-05-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 AM
R5T
Teamspeed Senior Member
R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!R5T You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:23 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
From what I have heard chatting with people at Geneva is that chances of this model going into production are very high, car was greatly welcomed by both potential customers and the crowd.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Video is great. I wonder if it has enough power? The claim sub 7:30. I would say it needs to beat 7:20 IMHO.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche’s 918 Spyder in detail
Matt Saunders Autocar Blog:

So surprise number one is out of the bag – maybe Geneva 2010’s biggest. Porsche wasn’t expected at VW’s group preview night at all, let alone to turn up with a new flagship supercar: a car that previews a hybrid-electric replacement for the Carrera GT. A car that, if the show-goers approve, Stuttgart stands ready to productionise, says boss Michael Macht.

This 918 Spyder is quite something. When it drove down the long show stand, I took one look at the front end and thought: “ah, here comes that sub-Boxster model we’ve been expecting.” This car looks that small from the front. Wasn’t until it had coasted down in front of me that I realised the full size of the thing, saw the styling references to the Carrera GT, and finally twigged what I was looking at.

Porsche 918 Spyder eco concept

And here are the facts that I can’t quite reconcile. This thing’s got a 500bhp V8 that revs to 9200rpm: a development of the RS Spyder’s 3.4-litre racing engine, basically. It’s faster around the Nordschliefe than the Carrera GT: faster than 7min 30sec. 0-62mph in 3.2sec, 198mph plus. And yet because it’s got 218bhp of electrical power too, coming from a fluid-cooled lithium ion battery sandwiched between the passenger cell and the engine, it’ll return 94mpg and emit just 70g/km of CO2 on the New European Driving Cycle test.

Because it’s a plug-in hybrid, that low-CO2 performance only comes in ‘economy mode’, and only after a full mains charge, presumably. Even so, that’s incredible from a car with a racing V8. And very clever – slightly disingenuous even – from Porsche. Because you can bet your deposit that it won’t do 94mpg and 7min 30sec on the same lap.

Still, credit where it’s due: Porsche’s pulled off a proper show coup here of the kind that I’ve certainly never seen before. There’s a real buzz to Geneva now. Nobody saw this coming.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned
TORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of light
Youre that sure it wont be a hybrid?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Personally, I doubt the 800K...I'm calling sub 500K...
+1.

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder is a reality!