Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^^+1

Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
well said dj: +1

Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
In the hypercar war this is the most classy and elegant, the P1 is the most expectacular and LaFerrari is the most... well, Italian. Both are amazing. For me the P1 goes first, but I recognize that the 918 is probably the best built and designed.

Last edited by Amzamus; 12-30-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Although I'm a die hard Porsche fan, we must accept that this one is the slowest out of all three (P1 & LaFerrari).

LaFerrari does 0-300 km in 15 seconds with a N/A engine, which is VERY amazing.

McLaren P1 does 0-300 km in 16.5 seconds with a turbocharged engine, which means it can be as fast as a LaFerrari with the right mods if wanted to do so.

But the 918 Spyder does 0-300 km in 19.9 seconds with a NA engine which means it will never be as fast as the other two. And the lap time in Nurburgring is seem to be slower than the other two by a significant margin (nothing proven, but P1 is rumoured to run the 'Ring at 6:47 seconds which is a full 10 seconds faster than a 918). The only plus (if we may say so) is that the 918 is AWD which is better for street but not so much for the track, which it is mainly being built for.

So if it were me (power-wise), I'd pick the P1, then LaFerrari and then the 918. For the looks, again the P1 is the winner for me, then 918 and then LaFerrari.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
boyko23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
^Sorry, but this is so childish comment, that I can't ressist. How can you make such conclusions, based on factory stats and mainly rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
The 918 can be fast in a track, fast in a public road and smooth in a city thanks to its hybrid system. That is an enormous achievement for 900 hp supercar.

What the "three big" can do in a straight line doesn't matter. We've got supercars, not dragsters. Nurburgring times aren't so important, and for now all we really know is that the 918 did a 6:57, and the P1 a sub-7 minute lap, that's all.

The 918 weights arround 1,650 kg and has arround 890 hp. The P1 and LaFerrari have better numbers, but both cars have a different focus. In my oppinion the 918 is what the Veyron should have been from the first time. P1 is made for being the fastest on a race track. And LaFerrari is about the same as the other Ferrari models, feeling, feeling, feeling!!!

Last edited by Amzamus; 12-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished roadBOBBY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DJ
Keep your P1's and LaFerrari's - after seeing the black 918 in motion I'm sold - this is the winner of the hypercar hybrid looks war for me!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Do you have any more real world data to do more realistic comments? If not, we're stuck with the rumours and factory stats for now, aren't we? If you have some information that none of us has, please share so we could learn from your wisdom. I'd be glad to edit my post if you have any different numbers than rumoured.

Originally Posted by boyko23
^Sorry, but this is so childish comment, that I can't ressist. How can you make such conclusions, based on factory stats and mainly rumors?

Last edited by salihbjk; 12-31-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
These are million euro's worth of super cars. I'm sorry but what they can do compared to each other in either straight line and/or track DOES matter. What else is there to matter? If feeling, believe me, I bet ALL 3 has amazing feeling behind the steering wheel.

Originally Posted by Amzamus
The 918 can be fast in a track, fast in a public road and smooth in a city thanks to its hybrid system. That is an enormous achievement for 900 hp supercar.

What the "three big" can do in a straight line doesn't matter. We've got supercars, not dragsters. Nurburgring times aren't so important, and for now all we really know is that the 918 did a 6:57, and the P1 a sub-7 minute lap, that's all.

The 918 weights arround 1,650 kg and has arround 890 hp. The P1 and LaFerrari have better numbers, but both cars have a different focus. In my oppinion the 918 is what the Veyron should have been from the first time. P1 is made for being the fastest on a race track. And LaFerrari is about the same as the other Ferrari models, feeling, feeling, feeling!!!

Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
On a track, yes, Nurburgring, yes, but that German 22 kilometre monster isn't the only in the world.

Quick Reply: The Official Teamspeed Porsche 918 Picture & Information Thread!