Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Hope that he returns safely, was the first tuner that attracted me the porsches & that all the rumors are put to rest

Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sal
This is a very strange story and hopefully all ends up well. Best wishes to Gemballa and his family.

That being said, posted under the article on jalopnik, someone threw this in...

Just thought I would share. Hope we hear something soon.
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
It's some assclown faking a nigerian scam...
I saw the same thing and that was my immediate reaction.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
I want to thank the outstanding membership of Teamspeed for their maturity and restraint. Class act!
The idiots at Jalopnik have won a Gold Medal in Olympic "conclusion jumping".
As a result, many other less professional forums are having a field day with Uwe Gemballa's reputation.

Imagine the pain his family must feel. Uwe is missing or worse in a very dangerous place and they have to read about unsubstantiated BS.

However this situation turns out, it is wonderful to see the genuine, heartfelt concern for a man who has devoted his life to the passion of performance automobiles.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Agreed - Welcome to Team Speed

Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Any news?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
I want to thank the outstanding membership of Teamspeed for their maturity and restraint. Class act!
The idiots at Jalopnik have won a Gold Medal in Olympic "conclusion jumping".
As a result, many other less professional forums are having a field day with Uwe Gemballa's reputation.

Imagine the pain his family must feel. Uwe is missing or worse in a very dangerous place and they have to read about unsubstantiated BS.

However this situation turns out, it is wonderful to see the genuine, heartfelt concern for a man who has devoted his life to the passion of performance automobiles.
Agree......

I have been updating this thread this past couple of days because I feel really concern and I am a fan of his work. For the standing moment I just would love to hear that he is ok. The reason of why he went to SA and why did he get himself in this situation whichever it may be, that is secundary and the truth will always shine. For now lets just pray he is OK for his sake and for family.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Yea guys I had the same reaction to the Nigerian scam, I just think it's amazing how people try and take advantage of anyone over the internet.

Forgedwheeler, you definitely speak the truth and welcome again to the Team. I just wish it were under better conditions.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
This is very very sad. I pray that he is safe and well and will return to his family and friends very soon

Old 02-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
"According to reports, Gemballa, 51, was on a trip to South Africa when he went missing. The search for him is currently focusing on Johannesburg.
Investigators in Germany are reportedly in contact with law enforcement authorities in South Africa in an effort to aid the search."

Porsche tuner goes missing - Autocar.co.uk
Famed Porsche tuner Uwe Gemballa has gone missing in South Africa.
The Gemballa tuning house is best known for tuning some of the most extreme Porsches available, including the 740bhp Porsche Panamera pictures.

According to reports, Gemballa, 51, was on a trip to South Africa when he went missing. The search for him is currently focusing on Johannesburg.
Investigators in Germany are reportedly in contact with law enforcement authorities in South Africa in an effort to aid the search.
Let's just hope he gets home soon.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:42 AM
ExO
Teamspeed Member
ExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura about
Disgusting to see what's happening around this story. Fake ransom demands, idiot rumors etc... Disgusting.

I don't know Uwe Gemballa personally, only visited the showroom once, really like his work, so I just hope for his family it's going to end well. We can only side with them, and wait I think.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing