Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Now the Greman authorities shut down his place? Seems fishy. Almost like he knew shit was about to hit the fan and he bailed. I ceirtanly hope that is not the case, but people don't just dissapear into thin air like that.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
This all sounds really fishy, I hope it's resolved soon.

Last edited by "The JC"; 02-16-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
WTF? Is this real? how does a guy like this (business owner, surely has a blackberry, tons of friends, etc) end up missing? Something doesnt feel right.
Johannesburg can be a very dangerous place. He could have been abducted, robbed, kidnapped for ransom or worse. All we know is that he arrived in Joberg.

There is a lot of conjecture stirring because the German authorities have temporarily closed his business. I was told minutes ago by the German police that this is standard procedure for corporations in Germany when the owner or CEO turns up missing. They move in to protect assets, customer cars, etc.

He is my friend. I hope he returns home safely.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Scary Stuff... Hope he returns to his family and friends soon!!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
With all due "respect" to Jalopnik, a known paragon of journalistic excellence, Mr. Gemballa was last seen on February 8th. This was a week before the authorities moved in.

I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Journalists rarely care who they hurt.

Yeah, I know he's my friend. I stand by him until proved wrong.
That's what "friend" means to me.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, Uwe's disappearance has something to do with German officials showing up and sealing the Gemballa facility yesterday and impounding all the cars inside. Private owners with cars caught up by this must be able to show definitive proof of ownership if they hope to reclaim their property. No word yet on what the cause of all of this could be.
Wow, that's severe misinformation and very insensitive for them to publish. The doors were closed and cars locked up to protect the company while he is missing.

EDIT: I posted a comment under that article, I really hope they rethink what they just published.

Last edited by tractorcrusher; 02-16-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
wtf?

why should Gemballa as a company be in trouble?

I mean...I can`t see any possible reason for that

Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, this is terrible news. Even though most of his cars I don't like, I love that someone is pushing the envelope of power and design, and it is truly sad that he is missing. It does seem fishy that they closed his factory, but that could be as previously stated, to help protect his assets. I find it odd that he just went to Jb, and that he was just gone. Do we know why he was in Jb, or who he was meeting. It seems fishy, but it is definitely just as possible they people would have kidnapped him, too. I am just worried about how long it has taken. I hope Mr. Gemballa is OK!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
adidadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Too many rumors are flying around. There are a few facts here and the rest is just poor judgment and not helpful to a very troubling situation. Everyone, especially that Jalopnik site, needs to exercise better judgment before making unfounded comments.

Uwe is missing. The German authorities have stepped in to protect his assets. Some of the demo cars at his showroom are leased. The leasing company retrieved the cars until this situation is resolved. Please tread lightly when commenting until this terrible situation is resolved.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa Reported Missing