Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT: What exhaust are you guys running?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Ricky, not that my opinion really matters much in your decision; I would stay stock, but if you are going to change the exhaust note, I would seriously consider the GMG system.

I have heard these machines with stock exhaust and modified including straight. For the 99.9% of us commoners that are behind these machines the stock exhaust note is so Formula 1 that it excites us to no end.

The straight pipes actually hurt our ears and I was left with a feeling that I didn't want to be around that sound ever again. This is purely from an outsighter looking in.

The GMG Carrera GT exhaust system sounds to be the best of both worlds without the obnoxiously loud look at me sound!!

It is you call Pal, but wanted to share with you my .02 and please take it for what it's worth but more for it's intentions!!~Pops

Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
For Stock cars I would say the CGT cannot be beat (except the Zonda F's heavenly cans of course), but I love zrAlexdander's straight pipes (not sure what he is running) but I also have to say the GMG solid lows and great highs are pure music to my ears!!

Enjoy in Good Health

Last edited by Simple1; 02-08-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I would have to agree with ricky. I think a supercar like CGT should sound insane! Stock is in my opinion to quiet, sure it sounds good at woot but not loud enough. If i owned a CGT i would have straight pipes and annoy the hell out of my neighbours go for the straight pipes! check this clip out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXb9JYYFfI

Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for stock, but obviously you want a change, so +1 GMG.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Never heard the GMG in person, I'm sure it sounds great.

Big fan of my AWE pipes.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
I would have to agree with ricky. I think a supercar like CGT should sound insane! Stock is in my opinion to quiet, sure it sounds good at woot but not loud enough. If i owned a CGT i would have straight pipes and annoy the hell out of my neighbours go for the straight pipes! check this clip out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXb9JYYFfI
That is vr's car!! the black one I love that exhaust

Old 02-09-2010, 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Speedracer38 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Straight pipes are VERY loud. I'd imagine on long drives the drone would give you a big headache. Have you considered Tubi? Sounds pretty good!

Straight pipes-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFiusI9E-wE

Tubi-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iB8sTBmT_4

Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RickyN F355
now thats how a 300K car shld sound!
Dayam! There must a been a sale when you bought yours!!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Dayam! There must a been a sale when you bought yours!!
Maybe he spent more then 15min looking for one

Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really niceRickyN F355 is just really nice
lol, ok sorry, 330K

Quick Reply: CGT: What exhaust are you guys running?