Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system

Ordered an Akrapovic Mk2 GT3 Evolution race system, which updated for the 3.8 GT3/RS MK2 engines and will arrive soon. This is what it will sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLMl2NOW4b0&NR=1

Evolution Race exhaust system for Porsche 911 GT3/RS (997) - Akrapovic

*63 lbs weight reduction.
*16 HP increase @ 4490 rpm
* 17 lbs torque increase @ 4128 rpm

Pics of what has been updated from the 997.1 GT3 to 997.2 GT3. It will now include an carbon fiber shade with the Akrapovic logo. The new GT3 system (3.8l) has only minor changes in the link pipes and small adjustments in the reflection-silencer.Also it carries minor changes with fitting materials, due to changed cats and headers.

If anyone is interested, I can hook you up with my contact for a great deal.
I'll be posting pics and vids when installed.

Last edited by GT3; 01-29-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great man!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DJ
Sounds great man!
I took you advise and ordered 2 GoPro HERO HD cameras Will test them on the track soon.

Last edited by GT3; 01-30-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice with the Akrapovic. Top quality stuff for sure.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JMD0977
I took you advise and ordered 2 GoPro HERO HD cameras Will test them on the track soon.
Will make some awesome vids man!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Hey JMDO977, I wished you would have contacted me before your investment. I could have offered a good/better alternative.
Best of luck

Ranger

Old 01-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. Congrats

Old 01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey JMDO977, I wished you would have contacted me before your investment. I could have offered a good/better alternative.
Best of luck

Ranger
Thanks. Have you dyno'ed you FVD set up? Links?

Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
FVD has been working on putting together the info on the development of the project with M&M. They've been busy with M&M getting the race exhaust systems for TRG.
The system made some nice ponies but facts will come soon.
I've posted pics and videos of the system.
btw why didn't you go with the Sharkwerks race exhaust?

Ranger

Old 01-31-2010, 12:08 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
FVD has been working on putting together the info on the development of the project with M&M. They've been busy with M&M getting the race exhaust systems for TRG.
The system made some nice ponies but facts will come soon.
I've posted pics and videos of the system.
btw why didn't you go with the Sharkwerks race exhaust?

Ranger
Right but you've have their new race system installed since November last year and now its February and still no dynos posted anywhere? I've seen their claims but never an actual dyno. Can you post a link if there is one? I'm sure it makes power but....

I'm aware of what they say they've been doing with M&M. I think its great. Surprisingly, FVD is even more expensive than Akrapovic as far as titanium systems go. With new systems they are releasing, no dynos, and more money, I'm not willing to gamble. I gave Rhonda a call, left a message, and never heard back. Same with PM's.

I've known some direct contacts with Akrapovic for over a year, so they took care of me nicely... Manthey racing has been using their systems for years, amongst other racing teams. The power gains are proven,quality and the sound can't be matched. They also use military grade titanium. Also got a great deal.

The Sharkwerks track exhaust is a great system. It was actually my first choice, but I wanted something with a more refined sound; not too loud, that weighs less overall and produces power as well. Those who have heard a full titanium exhaust system in person, such as Akrapovic's, really understand the difference between S/S and TI sound.

Last edited by GT3; 01-31-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Ordered Akrapovic Evolution Mk2 GT3 race system