Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'10 GT3 RS Blue/Red Clips, Startup & Lift System

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I am in total agreement with you. It's a street version of a race car.
btw not that it should be much but how much weight does that add?

Ranger

It is far from being a street version of a race car, this is like saying a Scuderia is like a Challenge car. None of these cars are race cars they are street cars that have the ability to goto the track. If you have ever driven a Cup car or Challenge car they are not even close to anything that drives on the street. That being said the lift system now being offered is very handy in most Metropolitan areas for driveway clearance and practicality.

Last edited by Marc; 01-29-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
This car is the reason why I can't sleep at night.

No lift if it were me though. For that get a 'regular' GT3

Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Lift is great for any of these cars for guys like me who live in NYC who don't want to rip off the front end to save a few pounds you'll never notice anyway.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I am in total agreement with you. It's a street version of a race car.
btw not that it should be much but how much weight does that add?

Ranger
adds very little but more vitally to a place that actually helps balance the car - the front. It it was in the arse id have to think about it as an option. as is you wont notice unless you are a driving god!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
Lift is great for any of these cars for guys like me who live in NYC who don't want to rip off the front end to save a few pounds you'll never notice anyway.
or London Bud!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
thusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Marc
>>>>It is far from being a street version of a race car, this is like saying a Scuderia is like a Challenge car. None of these cars are race cars they are street cars that have the ability to goto the track. If you have ever driven a Cup car or Challenge car they are not even close to anything that drives on the street.....
+1000.

That said, great car for driving to the track, having fun on the track, and then driving it home (assuming you don't burn through the tires).....

Anyone have an idea as to what the added weight is because of the lift system? Might negate the lightweight battery options (but then again, so does a stereo, nav, leather, etc., etc., etc.)

I am going for the very stripped down model. Just happy to be on the list for one - I'd take one even if it were pink!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
stockholm996TT is an unknown quantity at this point
The lift system adds 6 kg to the car. Apparently the added weight is very low and in the middle of the car.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
"It's a street version of a race car." Sounds like a valid reason to have it, right there! I'd like to be able to get in my own garage, without scraping the front end... cheaper than a new driveway!

Old 02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thusly
+1000.

That said, great car for driving to the track, having fun on the track, and then driving it home (assuming you don't burn through the tires).....

Anyone have an idea as to what the added weight is because of the lift system? Might negate the lightweight battery options (but then again, so does a stereo, nav, leather, etc., etc., etc.)

I am going for the very stripped down model. Just happy to be on the list for one - I'd take one even if it were pink!
Pink would be great with purple graphics
BTW Love the car in the avatar!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
thusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enoughthusly will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DJ
Pink would be great with purple graphics
BTW Love the car in the avatar!
Thanks - a very kind person added it to my postings

it is even better in person, although it collects dust for the most part.......

Quick Reply: '10 GT3 RS Blue/Red Clips, Startup & Lift System