Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What work should I have done on my CGT

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
What work should I have done on my CGT

its at the dealer now getting ready to be split up to have the tranny seal replaced under open recall for free . While they got everything apart I want to get as much done for free or damn cheap while they are at it.

'04 with 9110 miles, bought in Oct with 6800

All fluids are gonna be replaced, most for free
New tires
New battery maybe?
Check clutch measurement
V1 hardwired

15k mile serivce maybe? most of that is taking the car apart and doing a visal inspection, its already going to be apart anyways

also considering changing 04 "hard" suspension setting to 05 "medium", but I dont know anything other than that. And one tech was telling me if I do that Im going to need to get blanacing plates and have the car quarter balanced correctly too and all this complex math crap thats leaving me thinking they could do more harm than good if its not perfect.

any other ideas or opinions?

Old 01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Battery for sure. They're notoriously weak and prone to failure.

Check the glove box light micro switch.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Clutch measurement for sure, recommend the battery as well. Do you have any more info on the recall and whether all cars are included or just ???

thanks

Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
Originally Posted by RufMD
Clutch measurement for sure, recommend the battery as well. Do you have any more info on the recall and whether all cars are included or just ???

thanks
they just said it was the seal where the engine and tranny connect. Ive seen threads about it in the past, there were a few other seals that Porsche had recalls on, but they were already replaced on my car, for whatever reason the previous owner never brought it in to do the tranny one, good for me though

when I was looking at a few different CGTs I called my local dealer and gave them the VINs and it pulled up any prior "campains", thus showing any recall work done or needed. I would just call you dealer and have them run yours too

Old 01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
This is the first time I've heard of the tranny seal campaign. Has any other owners inquired or had experience with this? I just had the 4 yr major done and nothing in the detailed paperwork shows such a campaign. Mine is an 05'...No 740....with 7400 miles. Thanks for the heads up and definitely will shoot my service advisor an email come monday.

Last edited by StoryBook; 01-01-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
WOW
No 740 with 7400 miles... get that camera out

Old 01-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kuzi
This is the first time I've heard of the tranny seal campaign. Has any other owners inquired or had experience with this? I just had the 4 yr major done and nothing in the detailed paperwork shows such a campaign. Mine is an 05'...No 740....with 7400 miles. Thanks for the heads up and definitely will shoot my service advisor an email come monday.
Yea, same with my '05 CGT - just had service and they didn't mention any recall like this. The shop did mention some transmission "recommended" work if the clutch was ever replaced.

I'll call them back to see what's up. Maybe the said recall is for '04s?

Tim

Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
anyone else???

the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having the 15k service done now since they are basicly doing it anyways, this way it'll be free
Ill call and ask if the valva adjustment can be done with the engine inthe car or not. If the engine has to be out Ill have that done aswell, if its like my Lambo and can be done with the engine in the car Ill hold off on the valves until 15k

anyone have any insight or opinions on having the suspension settings switched from 04 to 05 settings while they are at it anyways???

Old 01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
After this purchase the 6MT LP640 in your sig is not an issue huh....enjoy...this is the real supercar of the past decade..

Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
anybody?

Quick Reply: What work should I have done on my CGT