Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got a chance to dyno the 997 GT3.. 397whp / 295tq!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Finally got a chance to dyno the 997 GT3.. 397whp / 295tq!!!!

Ok guys we finally got a chance to dyno my GT3...Normally i would have before and after #'s as thats the way i like to do testing but i was over anxious and modded the car before I got a chance to dyno it. The tune is PERFECT all motor.. It also shows that EVOMS spent some time tuning these cars.. In 4th gear the car goes richer as it should when it sees more load which is perfect for Road Racing conditions.. Any questions just ask..

Youtube Video.. ( Click HD )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGmounmggM

Below are the mods on the car..

Sharkwerks Race Exhaust System ( Stock Header & Cats )
EVOMSit Software
BMC Filter

Here is what the car made 1st pull in 3rd gear..

This graph shows my car @ 397 vs. Another 997 Gt3 With Filter, Headers, Chip & Exhaust in the same gear.. The midrange shows +27hp also.. As you can see 4th gear picks up some power.. I think ill take Alex @ Sharkwerks advice and stick to stock headers..

Last edited by Mike@AwdMotorsports; 12-31-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The torque curve looks delicious!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alex
The torque curve looks delicious!
I thought the same as well.. Its making 250 and up from 3k to 8K+.. Cant complain about that!!!

Mike

Old 12-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
How much crank HP would you relate 397 at the wheels? What's the driveline loss with that car (can't be much since there's no driveshaft, right)?

Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yep, love to know what that means at the crank?

Old 12-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
When I had my 997tt tested on a dynojet with front axle disconnected the drive train loss was about 15%, same on my Cayman.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
How much crank HP would you relate 397 at the wheels? What's the driveline loss with that car (can't be much since there's no driveshaft, right)?
Id have to say close to 450Crank.. Driveline loss is around 12-15%.. No driveshaft, just axles in rear.. I ran a brand new 2010 3.8L which is 435 crank and was pulling him on the highway wide open so i know i have to be over 435 crank for sure..

Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing. Great results!

Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the great result! Sounds amazing btw