Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jongbloed 550s -- early christmas for me

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see these guys surviving and coming up with new models. Been around since forever!

Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Get these bad boys mounted yet?

Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
not yet... hopefully tomorrow...
I am under house arrest for the holidays etc. :-)

I will post pics when I get them on the car -- I am hoping they look as good on the car as off...

Stay tuned

Old 12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
slight delay... I elected to switch to a wheel stud kit in lieu of the wheel bolts
kit on order
will post pics when all is in and mounted...

Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ ok ok your allowed

Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
mkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nicemkline74 is just really nice
Any Updates?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
I have a mini update but not the full update...

I got the car to the shop... and the tires are on the rims and the car on the lift etc...

I have a set of titanium wheel bolts (they are for sale but not posted yet -- Poggipolini brand (titanium parts), same as what is on a scud) and I could not get enough thread engagement becuase of the way the wheel was machined... I use wheel bolts and the wheel was made for studs... some sort of mix up between the manufacturer and the shop... not a big deal to me as they would make it right and it is 40 degrees and pouring rain most days here...

SO my choices were send the wheels back and have them machined or switch to a stud kit... After debating the merits of both, stud kit was ordered.

Stud kit was ordered right before the holidays and caused a delay in getting them shipped etc...

SO now all is in... but I have a 2 year old daughter with pneumonia and work is heating up a bit... so I have not had a chance to get over to the shop to have the stud kit installed and the wheels put on...

Here are some pics that I took when we were using the wheel bolts

I will update when I have good pics of the wheels installed.

(PM if interested in ti wheel bolts at $600 for the complete set with socket -- they are roughly $1300 new... i need to take pics of actuals but they look just like the ones below and I have everything in pic 2 except for the box... will work with stock wheels and any aftermarket wheel that is disigned to use stock wheel bolts -- they are half the weight of stock wheel bolts and for my fat ass they are just bling )

Old 01-14-2010, 12:44 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Looks great and those bolts from Bill are so awesome, have had stuff from him in the past and he is 1st class all the way.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks DJ and you are right... the bolts are awesome and I was somewhat disappointed that I would not be able to use them BUT for my uses (95% track), the stud kit will make far more sense...
My friend went from 996 gt3 to 997 RS and these wheel bolts did not get traded in... he called with some leftover parts from his 996 that did not get traded in (wing shim kit, aspheric side morrors and ti wheel bolts) and I zipped over there and bought all of it.

They were not long enough for his new to him RS.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:57 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
better pics

winter tires PS2
will fill out better when the hoosiers go back on

Quick Reply: Jongbloed 550s -- early christmas for me