Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT Exhaust Flaps/Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to behold
CGT Exhaust Flaps/Baffles

For the life of me, I can’t find any reference to the CGT exhaust flaps/baffles in my docs, or on the online boards.

I’m looking for the specs as to when they open and close. E.g., >3500 rpm with >40% throttle, stuff like that.

I’ve seen a post or two where people have asked about how to make them open all the time, but that’s about it.

Why the heck am I asking? I can’t figure out when they open on my car. Either they aren’t working (doubt this), or I haven’t reached the open parameters yet (possible if it’s only full throttle), or they indeed open and I just don’t sense the difference because so many things are happening *real fast* (like that car in front of me that used to be a 1/2 mile away is now only a couple hundred feet away!).

I’m used to my F430 Spider where the exhaust opens predictably at 3500 rpm or so and where even a deaf person could tell they’ve opened!

Finally, in some cars, you are told NOT to leave the baffles open all the time in that it may harm the engine. What about the CGT?

I need more “volume” and don’t want to do an aftermarket exhaust. I’m hoping the open baffles will be enough.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Old 12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Rennlist Discussion Forums

Tim go to Rennlist. And do a search under "CGT exhausts". There is a thread about this very subject.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to beholdTimF40 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Rennlist Discussion Forums

Tim go to Rennlist. And do a search under "CGT exhausts". There is a thread about this very subject.
Ah, thanks. It was the one forum I didn't check... :-)

Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah i dont blame you not wanting to go with an aftermarket exhaust because the stock exhaust is already so good!

Just a quick video i took at the local Ferrari dealership. Yes you can very clearly hear the exhaust baffles open. Skip to about 12 seconds if you want...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TMxZGNH9po

Last edited by B4rad; 12-07-2009 at 02:58 AM.