Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks Race / Track Exhaust Installed Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sharkwerks Race / Track Exhaust Installed Today!!!

Ok guys, We just finished installing the new Sharkwerks Gt3 Race Exhaust System.. The Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is FLAT OUT AMAZING.. The quality, the attention to detail, the sound, the fitment, all PERFECT.. Alex prepped me like 10x with " its going to be loud , VERY LOUD ".. Well i got news for you, it aint that loud IMO.. It is smooth, 0 RASP at all which i confirmed with every employee here.. I am a little on the nutty side and i like LOUD and Obnoxious but in a good way.. Not a civic with fart can or camaro with open headers.. So i asked everyone here at the shop today and we ALL AGREED it sounded flat out amazing.. 1 said " who needs a carrera GT with that sound now "..

So in short I am 100% satisfied with the outcome and i could drive this car daily NO PROBLEM.. Ill touch on some quick points..

If your really finicky about noise, NO its not for you.. Youll appreciate the sound but you wont be happy driving around with it probably..

It is perfectly fine at idle, you can talk at normal tone.. i call it quiet at idle IMO..

Cruising under 3k or around 3k is not very loud..

Being Rear Mounted and no Under Car piping it doesnt drone..

I dont know much else to describe as far as sounds or what i have noticed so far but i had this feeling it would be SOOOOOO LOUD and its not.. and anyone who considers it loud will NEVER say its a crappy loud.. I think anyone can appreciate the sound.. People seem to use the term Intoxicating when describing the Gt3 sound stock.. Well This system has me Punch Drunk.. LOL Alex definitely spent some time on R&D.. these 1.5lb mufflers he incorproated are perfect for this system..

Here it is again if you havent seen it..

Here are some Pics of the install Today.. Please dont hold it against me that we did the install on the floor.. The exhaust was supposed to show tomorrow but came a day early.. I was booked on all 3 lifts in the shop today with customer cars and me being over anxious as usual couldnt wait. So I backed it up to the bay doors and did it myself with 1 of my techs.. LOL

On a good note, i can say its not hard at all to do in your garage with simple hand tools and 2 jack stands.. We did the install in about an hour or so.. 1st time install usually takes a little longer.. Below are some pics on the car.. I dont have any with the bumper on yet, sorry..

Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kiemdochoi is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, looks great

can you post some pic under the car as well that would be great

thanks man

great post

Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yes ill try to do that tomorrow.. I need to bleed the brakes, so ill get a free lift tomorrow and take some pics in the air and on the ground with bumper on to show the finished product!!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
yearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond repute
Can you shoot some video please too? If you do can you do it like the Kreisseg videos where they pull away from the camera and keep it going up through the gears for a mile or so? Only if you have a suitable location of course

Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
snowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of lightsnowboarder54 is a glorious beacon of light
Just wait until you ring it out too 8400 RPM then see how loud it is!! I would suggest not trying that infront of a CHP!! The system is sweet!!! It was perfect when I drove Kermit here where I live, but I don't think it would be very popular in the city. Enjoy!

Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Looks killer, cant wait to hear it...

Old 12-04-2009, 09:00 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, Mike! If you can, post some vids for us. Once again, your car is beautiful!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
In for the vids even though I've seen quite a few of Sharky's exhaust vids.

Old 12-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeAWD
Ok guys, We just finished installing the new Sharkwerks Gt3 Race Exhaust System.. The Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is FLAT OUT AMAZING.. The quality, the attention to detail, the sound, the fitment, all PERFECT.. Alex prepped me like 10x with " its going to be loud , VERY LOUD ".. Well i got news for you, it aint that loud IMO.. It is smooth, 0 RASP at all which i confirmed with every employee here.. I am a little on the nutty side and i like LOUD and Obnoxious but in a good way.. Not a civic with fart can or camaro with open headers.. So i asked everyone here at the shop today and we ALL AGREED it sounded flat out amazing.. 1 said " who needs a carrera GT with that sound now "..

So in short I am 100% satisfied with the outcome and i could drive this car daily NO PROBLEM.. Ill touch on some quick points..

If your really finicky about noise, NO its not for you.. Youll appreciate the sound but you wont be happy driving around with it probably..

It is perfectly fine at idle, you can talk at normal tone.. i call it quiet at idle IMO..

Cruising under 3k or around 3k is not very loud..

Being Rear Mounted and no Under Car piping it doesnt drone..

I dont know much else to describe as far as sounds or what i have noticed so far but i had this feeling it would be SOOOOOO LOUD and its not.. and anyone who considers it loud will NEVER say its a crappy loud.. I think anyone can appreciate the sound.. People seem to use the term Intoxicating when describing the Gt3 sound stock.. Well This system has me Punch Drunk.. LOL Alex definitely spent some time on R&D.. these 1.5lb mufflers he incorproated are perfect for this system..

Here it is again if you havent seen it..

Here are some Pics of the install Today.. Please dont hold it against me that we did the install on the floor.. The exhaust was supposed to show tomorrow but came a day early.. I was booked on all 3 lifts in the shop today with customer cars and me being over anxious as usual couldnt wait. So I backed it up to the bay doors and did it myself with 1 of my techs.. LOL

On a good note, i can say its not hard at all to do in your garage with simple hand tools and 2 jack stands.. We did the install in about an hour or so.. 1st time install usually takes a little longer.. Below are some pics on the car.. I dont have any with the bumper on yet, sorry..

Thanks ever so much Mike. It's a real pleasure working with you and you seem just as mad as the rest of us GT3 owners:P Love it... Enjoy her at the track and be safe We took a while and I think had about 7 different revisions until we settled on this. There's a sweet spot at 69mph and 6th gear for cruising to avoid resonance luckily:P It didn't start out that way on version 1 I remember Fred's Petfrog shooting flames too with it

Originally Posted by kiemdochoi
wow, looks great

can you post some pic under the car as well that would be great

thanks man

great post
Thanks! I've got a few as well I'll dig out shortly... Got a couple of cars locally running around with as well as Kermit for the moment

Originally Posted by yearone
Can you shoot some video please too? If you do can you do it like the Kreisseg videos where they pull away from the camera and keep it going up through the gears for a mile or so? Only if you have a suitable location of course
Hey mate... because of how loud it is (at least at 8800) and being around town we've got some footage of it at the track etc... although our Avid station is out of action for a bit so it'll be a few weeks;( In the mean-time I'll dig out what we do have (dyno stuff etc...).

Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Just wait until you ring it out too 8400 RPM then see how loud it is!! I would suggest not trying that infront of a CHP!! The system is sweet!!! It was perfect when I drove Kermit here where I live, but I don't think it would be very popular in the city. Enjoy!
Popular in San Francisco... Mmm probably NOT! Some crazy-chap flew by me at "high" whilst I was having a nice conversation with a friend in a 2010 GT3 a couple of weeks ago along the coast. Rang my bell that did!

Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Looks killer, cant wait to hear it...
Cheers mate... I've been dragging my feet on it. You know doing our part for the environment and all

PS Much love for the suspension parts btw. Snowboarder's car is so glued.

Originally Posted by Alex
In for the vids even though I've seen quite a few of Sharky's exhaust vids.
Roger that comin'!

Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures & Video of SharkWerks Track Exhaust

On our 3.8L 2010 during early break-in (so we weren't exactly stomping on it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrP9jLvaVi4

On ze dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgKzxbQbHQM

And it's stuff like this that's kept us from releasing this one sooner:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUfcft1ZRww

For those interested in one of these exhausts drop me an Email to alex@sharkwerks.com and I'll go over the details with you

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks Race / Track Exhaust Installed Today!!!