Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect specs Jas.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Steven997GT2 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Copy

From this trend
Here are some more pics of the updated PCCB kit on our new 2010 997.2 GT3 and the center lock wheels and hubs.
The new center lock wheels take a special socket, and a realllllllllly long torque wrench that can do over 500NM without twisting.

Really nice brakes, but......as we found and others have found as well on the prior 997 PCCB setups, not optimal for HEAVY track use...so, OFF they come.

No stinking PCCBs on our track car.

Anyone wanting a brand new set of PCCBs (rotors, calipers, pads, front and rear, from a 2010 GT3, let us know...PM us...but will ONLY work on another new GT3 currently).

You really need to play w one of these PCCB rotors though...w a rotor of this size, you expect the thing to weigh a lot, and you prep your hand and arm as you go to pick it up, and then you pick it up, and almost throw it thru the roof of the room you're in its so light.

A close look at the rotor also shows why they're not optimal YET for track use/abuse. Oh well....off they come (and we will post the weights of this setup vs the new one being put on the car).

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

hmmm, those white feathers seems to fit in nicely...could that mean white gauges ?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Jas
Exquisite taste on those specs. I love it.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rufmd
hmmm, Those White Feathers Seems To Fit In Nicely...could That Mean White Gauges ?

Yes!
Name:  white.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  190.6 KB

Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I love the yellow calipers and red wheels look. Not to mention one of the benefits (though superficial, but real) from PCCB's is the lack of brake dust. Those red wheels will quickly get dirty with the iron options.

If you were going to do heavy tracking; I'd say pass on the PCCB's. But considering (from what I've read on you LOL) you have a serious car affliction; you'll trade out /sell the GT3RS later on down the road. PCCB's are nice and add a little value to the car. Not to mention I LOVE the brake feel with the PCCBs.

Other then that I cast my vote for the Grey/Red combo.

Cheers to you!

Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I literlly just LOL'd out loud at ARA's Sig.....

Jox is a funny bastard!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Jas the specs look awesome I am just not sure You need a Nav and the Hi end sound system as this is one car I dont mind getting lost in for few days and the sound of the GT3 is what I would love to hear when I am driving

Old 11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
all sounds great, just add in option BPGHD
( brian pittsburgh delivery )

Old 11-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Jas the specs look awesome I am just not sure You need a Nav and the Hi end sound system as this is one car I dont mind getting lost in for few days and the sound of the GT3 is what I would love to hear when I am driving

Jaber, you're right in that the best music is behind your ears ! A good friend thought the nav would look like an outdated TV in 20 yrs ! I like the functionality enough to keep it though.

Now, when are you going to post some pics my friend

Quick Reply: Speccing the Teamspeed | RufMD RS, your thoughts and ideas appreciated....