Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Rumors/truths 550+ bhp PDK ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Wow, you have a GT2 in Norway!?

I am guessing for the price of 1 GT2 in Norway you can buy 6 in the U.S.?
Full price in Norway today would be close to 560.000 USD...
I have the car on Norwegian toll plates, and this mean that I have not (yet) paid any tax on the car at all.. Not even VAT..
But, next year I need to register the car in either Norway or Germany.. Since my car lives at Manthey, I think Germany would be the better choice..
But then again, I have placed a order on the "GT2RS", so my dealer here in Norway might want to have the car here. (if the GT2RS is in fact coming)

Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute

WOW!!!! Looks great!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
While that pshop is bad ass DJ, wouldn't the GT2 RS still need the side scoops on the rear wing

Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
guilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant futureguilhermefo has a brilliant future
This pshop looks real!

I love it

Thanks DJ

Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
While that pshop is bad ass DJ, wouldn't the GT2 RS still need the side scoops on the rear wing
prob!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
How do you figure a GT2 can be priced at $150K when a Turbo base is $130K, add on PCCB and it's now $140K. There is definitely more than $10K in the GT2 over the Turbo.

As soft as the market is, I believe the 997 GT2 resale market will hold better than the 996, but time will tell. This new car is truly incredible, and Porsche kept their promise of making it a very limited car.

Part of me hopes there is no 997 GT2 Mk.2, it will just help maintain the value of the GT2.

You owe it to yourself to drive one-- the difference in the 997 GT2 over the Turbo is much, much larger than the 996 version IMHO. If the 996 GT2 had the development and access to the Motorsport suspension parts bin of the 997, it would have sold like hotcakes, no doubt.

Considering the very low production number of existing GT2s, with something like 20 cars for MY2009, I don't see how another GT2 would be introduced so close to the end of the 997 cycle.

Then again, it doesn't appear that Porsche dealers had any trouble selling the cars new for sticker or a little above. The ones that you see sitting around are those where the dealer tried to maximize profits.

Originally Posted by stuka
See, I disagree.

I mean, with 996 GT2, they took a bunch of stuff out, tune the engine a little, and charge 80K premium over the Turbo, that is what killed the car.

If they had charged 150K for the 996 GT2 new, for sure they would have sold a lot more than 300 copies in the U.S.

The GT2 needs to be priced near the top of the line GT cars.

And now that they stuck traction control in the GT2, it is not that much more of a monster car any more. part of the reputation that the GT2 had was that it was supposed to kill you if you didn't know your driving from a hole on the ground. Just look at how many 996 GT2's were crashed.

Now that that's no longer a problem, it is being looked at as a really expensive Turbo.

Price it at 150K new, and Porsche will double their sales overnight.

Although, weren't there rumors about how they couldn't get decent power out of the new wet sumper A91 by turboing it?

Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I agree. A loaded up Turbo is over $150K, no way the GT2 can be priced under $175K.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by hamann7

Considering the very low production number of existing GT2s, with something like 20 cars for MY2009, I don't see how another GT2 would be introduced so close to the end of the 997 cycle.
Is it only about 20 cars of MY2009?? Maybe I should just keep mine then..

Old 10-29-2009, 06:58 AM
GTx
Teamspeed Member
GTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant futureGTx has a brilliant future
Absolutely nice work DJ!!
Would be great if Porsche decided to build such a car. Imagine what this car could do on the Nordschleife
But i haven't seen any test cars of Porsche at the Nordschleife yet...
There is one slight part at the picture which can't be possible. I think the small side mirrors won't come back

Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Great work DJ! If you get any extra time to work on it throw in a roll-cage and it's all set!

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Rumors/truths 550+ bhp PDK ?