Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Rumors/truths 550+ bhp PDK ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Spoke with my tech advisor today. And they are hoping Porsche "does not" produce this car. They don't want unsold GT2RSs sitting on their showrooms long after production is done......no matter how desirable it may seem at the current time. Recent pain from the most current GT2s have not disappeared from memory yet it appears. Its too bad.....such an awesome car........and yet so "unloved".

Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
PorscheGT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Porsche GT2 isnt coming out with the 997 update, its in the next model with the 998 or 991. Apparently its not argessive enough so its getting the rs treatment to look more appealing and different to the turbo

Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I feel bitter-sweet about this cars possibilities. Sure, it'll be a fantastically fast and efficient machine; but does Porsche really need this car?

I think not. I think Porsche needs to bring out a NON 911 $200k(ish) unique car. maybe even something with a base price of around $235k and well equipped for $250-265k and produce no more than 500 units a year.

While the 911 is the Bench Mark Sport Car; I can see people are seeking something thats completely fresh and exciting.

How Spoiled are we? LOL

I'm going to hell for saying this but the 458 is JUST that car. Super sexy, fresh and WOW does it look like the car for the next millennium. Porsche should do the same.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I feel bitter-sweet about this cars possibilities. Sure, it'll be a fantastically fast and efficient machine; but does Porsche really need this car?

I think not. I think Porsche needs to bring out a NON 911 $200k(ish) unique car. maybe even something with a base price of around $235k and well equipped for $250-265k and produce no more than 500 units a year.
I think after the beating that people took on the 996 GT2, it is unlikely that Porsche will be able to make and sell a lot of these.

Do you know what is the current number of copies of GT2 sold for 997 in the U.S.? AFAIK, the 996 sold about 300 copies in the U.S. But even that limited number didn't prevent it from getting its teeth kicked out in the secondary market. Heck, 996 GT3's have way better resale in comparison. And while resale is but one factor when considering buying a car, when it is this bad, it gives people pause.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE

While the 911 is the Bench Mark Sport Car; I can see people are seeking something thats completely fresh and exciting.

How Spoiled are we? LOL

I'm going to hell for saying this but the 458 is JUST that car. Super sexy, fresh and WOW does it look like the car for the next millennium. Porsche should do the same.
Absolutely agree with everything you said here. I'm still in favor of a 997.2 GT2 RS yet perhaps I was looking forward to Porsche REALLY going head-to-head with the 458 & next gen Gallardo with the 991/998 GT2. A new model above the 911 wouldn't be a bad idea either though.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I hope so

Old 01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Rumors about GT2 RS were featured in EVO magazine issue 140 preview, they are pretty acurate with information they posting so it may really be for real.

Who will be the first one to post here what is mentioned there? As usually I need to wait some three weeks to get my hands on this issue, delivery is very slow to the place I am currently located, for example I just got EVO issue 139 with 458 Italia test today.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:51 AM
GT3
Teamspeed Member
GT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to beholdGT3 is a splendid one to behold
DJ, could you do one like this but the accents in yellow and black wheels? Thanks.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Who will be the first one to post here what is mentioned there? As usually I need to wait some three weeks to get my hands on this issue, delivery is very slow to the place I am currently located, for example I just got EVO issue 139 with 458 Italia test today.
You think your delivery is slow

Old 01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

For JDM

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Rumors/truths 550+ bhp PDK ?