Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodged a bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ranton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished road
Holy Batman! That's a LOT of H2O! Last time I was ever in something similar to that was back in 1996 when Hurricane Hortense dropped a little over 24 inches of rain in about 12hrs. I did not know what was the meaning of flash floods until then. Mind you my parents home was ~5 miles away from the flood zone limit. Impressive pics, unfortunately we also had quite a few dead as well.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
wow, good choice you made to stay at your house

Old 10-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my, good to hear you are safe. Spend some time with your family, but do try to help where you can.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Hes, are you re-thinking the current location of the cars? Just imagine some of the exotics parked in the basements of some condos.....

Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
Hes, are you re-thinking the current location of the cars? Just imagine some of the exotics parked in the basements of some condos.....
not really, because our parking is luckily well away from any flooding. as i'm sure you've read, this was the worst rainfall in over 40 yrs, with many place never ever having flooded before suddenly getting flooded. but there was no sign of any floods close to where the cars are parked, so i'm hopefully good for another 40 yrs (while there was a flooded area not far from me, it was at the very bottom of a steep hill.)

yes, i've been hearing news-- some confirmed and others rumors-- of a number of Porsches, Ferraris and Lambos going under. there was a house in the most expensive gated community in the city whose basement parking had become a swimming pool, and 8 cars bobbing and floating around in there. majority of these cars probably didn't have the "acts of god" rider in their insurance policies... OR as is the case with most expensive cars 'round here, were not insured in the first place. gotta hurt.

though in all of this, its much better to be crying over a lost car or house, than to be mourning a lost loved one.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
why are most expensive cars not insured?

Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
why are most expensive cars not insured?
many owners here seem to believe rightly or wrongly that its not worth the cost. 99% of Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos are driven exclusively on weekends, and usually from "Point A to point A"-- meaning, just for a quick early morning drive when there's no traffic, and then tucked safely back into the garage.

So the cars are not exposed to much traffic, and almost never parked unattended in a public space. If at all, they would get choice parking at a secure lot.

Insuring a GT2 would run you over $5k/yr, just for basic theft and collision damage (no calamity protection or "acts of God" yet), and most people don't feel its worth it.

my cars are all insured, and i seem to be in the minority in doing so. i know a number of people who regretted their decision not to insure. i wonder if the recent flood will change people's attitudes.

somehow i doubt it.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
wow. Glad you're ok! Crazy to hear about the insurance stuff. I always wondered about that.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Man, that is unreal...RIP to those that perished....So glad you are safe pal.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Originally Posted by hesperus
though in all of this, its much better to be crying over a lost car or house, than to be mourning a lost loved one.
I most certainly agree... given the situation, I would have readily left all the keys and taken the family to higher ground myself. Glad to know that the only ruf in pinas is safe. I have'nt seen any of the grewsome pics of porsches and ferraris bobbing in the waters on the internet but I sure would be weary of a really low priced exotic car for sale from back home at this point.

Quick Reply: Dodged a bullet!