Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am interested in purchasing a '07/'08 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
I am interested in purchasing a '07/'08 RS

Well, I have settled on the question whether to buy a used 997.1 RS vs a new 997 gt3. I had been asking the same question since I started my search for a gt3 a few months ago. The way the question has been posed in these forums, members have been asked which one would they choose at the same price (eg. if you can get a 997.1 RS for same price as 997.2 basic gt3). Most responded to that specific question with 'go with the new & improved gt3'. Problem right now is that you can get a 997.1 RS for less than you can get a new 997.2 gt3's at most dealers.

The market has been declining for the older RS due to greater supply of RS's coming into the marketplace in anticipation of the improved 3.8 RS introduction and the dismal economy we are still experiencing. And winter is just around the corner, when most buyer/enthusiasts will go into hibernation so the market is expected to get even lower for these cars shortly. I have gone back and forth on this same question for weeks.

Which one to go for? But after getting some valuable advice from many member of this forum and others, I have decided to go with the older 997.1 RS. I am right now aggressively searching nationwide via Porsche dealers, Cars.com, Autotrader and Ebay for the right RS. If any forum member is a current owner of an Orange or Green '07 / '08 RS and is thinking about selling theirs, please send me a PM or email with details on your car. I am a cash buyer. z356

Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Talk to sharky (alex from sharkwerks), he has both and can give you an unbiased answer.

I'd go with the 997.1 RS personally

PS - wlecome to the TEAM!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
I already did! Sharky in CA. gt3 ranger in FL. Parkmonster in NJ. Mooty in CA. Rahul in TX. All unconditionally said 'go with the RS'. And thank you DJ for welcoming me into the Team. Hopefully I will have an RS soon to share my experiences with the rest of you in this forum of, and for, enthusiasts. z356

Old 09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
hey z356, god talking to you and I know it's a tough decision... But I think you get a) better value with the 07/08 GT3RS since you won't be paying as much and b) you just have to love that same engine but with a LWF in it. Both are great choices and it depends on the usage. I'd say for a daily driver, yes the GT3 is probably "better" suited to that.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Z! Sharky and Ranger are def. the best guys for a good comparison sine they both have ownership and seat time in both.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for Sharky, GT3 will be a better daily driver, RS a better Sunday/track day car

Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
I think Spencer still has his 200 mile white RS.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The RS is definitely cushy enough to DD as well.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
Great cars! Highly recommend these fantastic cars, call or e-mail anytime to discuss. Happy to help!

-Jon (jsabo@switchcars.com)

Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
nyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of lightnyc123 is a glorious beacon of light
gt3 rs

the 07/08 rs are great cars I had 3 and still have 1, good luck on finding the right one for you.

Quick Reply: I am interested in purchasing a '07/'08 RS