Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT wheel lock ring question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
CGT wheel lock ring question

quick question regarding the centers on my CGT wheels.
on like 1 of the 3 wheels, the anodized-ish red lock ring that tights down on wheel. there is like a safety latch, a snap that springs up or stays down.
on 3 of my wheels that thing is covered by the red lockring. that is you tighten that red lockring down WICKED tight and then that spring piece on just one wheel is in up "up " posiiton in the little notches, i assume to prevent accidental unspinning.

the other 3, the lockring is position such that the tabs between the notches is on top of the spring. i cant tighten it more , but i wouldnt want to loosen it even a tad. so the notch is on top o fthe piece that would spring up if not for the tab being on top of it. i think this is fine as if the lockring were to unwind at all, as soon as it unwound about 1/8th of an inch, that pop up piece/tab would be able to spring up and would then be a safety stop so it doesnt spin look further.

do i have that about right? am i confusing those in the know who are familiar with that wheel?
what are the right words for those pieces, fyi (sorrya bout my uninformed terminology)..

i just want to make sure i have those lockrings on there right, and that its not required that the pop up safety is actually in the up position between the tabs on the center lock.

Attached Images  
Old 08-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
found the answer, figured id post it up if it helps anyone else...

The −spring−loaded lock bolts− (2 for each wheel) are a security device to prevent the wheel nuts
from loosening in improper circumstances.
·
The −lock bolts− can have the following 2 positions after tightening the wheel nut to the prescribed
tightening torque: either the −lock bolts− lock into place in the toothing (recess) of the wheel nut (this
is not a requirement) or the lock bolts may lie under the toothing of the wheel nut when the tightening
torque is reached. In this case, if the wheel nut is turned (normally not possible), the −lock bolts− will
also lock into place in the toothing (recess) of the wheel nut.
·
The function of the −lock bolts− must be checked before mounting every wheel and also during every
maintenance service.

Attached Images