Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help getting GT3 tied down on open trailer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Need help getting GT3 tied down on open trailer.

I only do 2 or 3 long distance track days a year, so I chose to buy a simple 18 foot open car trailer. The Mfg is Ringo. Open bottom, plenty of tie down spots. Getting the car on the trailer is a chore. I ned to use the trailer ramps, the aluminum ramps from my storage lift and a 2x12x12 board to get the car on the trailer without the nose hitting. Once I get it up there, I can't open the doors. They miss clearing the fenders by about an 1/8" of an inch. I also can't figure out a good way to tie the car down. There aren't any good grab points under the car. I could probably grab the rear axle, but the sway bar is at risk. I was thinking about using the tire tie downs for the front, but I heard they can knock the alignment off. Any suggestion from Mk I or MK II GT3 owners. I leave for Watkins Glen in 11 days. I need to figure this out soon.

Thanks in advance,
Mike