Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any source for discounted PCCB pads and rotors??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Any source for discounted PCCB pads and rotors??

Hi,

My 2010 GT3 has PCCB's. I've heard that a season of track days is enough to wear out the rotors and maybe a couple of sets of pads. I've also seen numbers thrown around in the vicinity of $15k for a new set of pads and rotors. Is that accurate? How much for pads vs. rotors? Any sources for a discount?

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Your better off switching to steel brakes for race track abuse and keeping the yellow calipers. They fare much better if your tracking often plus they are MUCH cheaper to replace.

Set aside the PCCB rotors for resale or for street usage. They are more delicate.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
Your better off switching to steel brakes for race track abuse and keeping the yellow calipers. They fare much better if your tracking often plus they are MUCH cheaper to replace.

Set aside the PCCB rotors for resale or for street usage. They are more delicate.
I never understood this train of thought. Aren't the PCCB's better suited for tracking due to better fade resistance, as well as unsprung weight?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
If money is no object, then by all means track with PCCBs. They will not last like they would on the street and you will go through them, although they have made them better. I recently picked up a 996tt with ceramics (gen 1) and wouldnt even think of tracking regularly with them.

They are also very fragile to gravel pits because the ceramic rotors can chip very easily.

Front rotors and pads cost around 8k for the PCCBs. Brakes are a wear item. Its just too much bloody money for the SLIGHT advantage they give you on the track.

With a good set of floating steels and an aggressive pad with proper brake fluid, you are good to go + its cheap to replace when the time comes.

My 2 cents.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura about
With above being said, try Suncoast Porsche in FL for the parts. Look to your left. Board Sponsor here.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't PCCB's track focused? They come Stock on an RS.

They are definitely overkill for the street. After driving with them for a few days and also performing a bunch of threshold braking drills, they are much, much better than the steel brakes on my Turbo. I can see them providing a significant advantage on the track. My only beef is the replacement cost. Dealer quote is 4 rotors and 4 pads for $19k. The initial $8900 on ordering the car included the calipers. I just think Porsche is price gouging on replacement cost. The argument that they are low volume doesn't hold water anymore. This technology has been around long enough to amortize the bulk of the Mfg. tooling and also absorb the bulk of the R&D costs. Honestly, I could see Pads for a $1000 per set and rotors at $5000 a set, but $19k without Calipers, no way.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
They come Stock on an RS.

They are definitely overkill for the street. After driving with them for a few days and also performing a bunch of threshold braking drills, they are much, much better than the steel brakes on my Turbo. I can see them providing a significant advantage on the track.
Incorrect.

Second, this better braking is also due to gripper tires and less weigh. Not discounting the PCCB, as they are surely better, but there is more to it.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
If money is no object, then by all means track with PCCBs. They will not last like they would on the street and you will go through them, although they have made them better. I recently picked up a 996tt with ceramics (gen 1) and wouldnt even think of tracking regularly with them.

They are also very fragile to gravel pits because the ceramic rotors can chip very easily.

Front rotors and pads cost around 8k for the PCCBs. Brakes are a wear item. Its just too much bloody money for the SLIGHT advantage they give you on the track.

With a good set of floating steels and an aggressive pad with proper brake fluid, you are good to go + its cheap to replace when the time comes.

My 2 cents.
^^^ this says it all guys… and I believe the steel rotors from the Cup cars fit the PCCB perfectly!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
check out

movit - the HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKES for every car

have heard good things, no personal knowledge though.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Also,

I know Suncoast was trying to put together a "kit" for conversion from PCCBs to Steels. Havent heard an update yet.

RS does not come stock with yellows BTW.

Quick Reply: Any source for discounted PCCB pads and rotors??