Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project GT3 RS "The Angry Pumpkin" at RSS / Stuttgart Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
elite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud ofelite has much to be proud of
Amazing , I have never seen another gt3 like this , love the fenders as well guys

Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I love everything about that car. The sequential shift is just amazing. Might be kind of pointless and I have to imagine expensive but it's just so awesome...

Anywhere to get more info on that tranny like cost and exactly how it functions? For example does it totally eliminate the left pedal or is that used for downshifts?

Last edited by TTM0TION; 07-22-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing sound! Just love it

The car looks amazing. Congrats!

The sequential shift seems fun, but I wonder if it's quicker than the oem one!? To me it looks slower

Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I love everything about that car. The sequential shift is just amazing. Might be kind of pointless and I have to imagine expensive but it's just so awesome...

Anywhere to get more info on that tranny like cost and exactly how it functions? For example does it totally eliminate the left pedal or is that used for downshifts?
Thanks TTMOTION, the sequential is not for everyone. When we built this car we were attempting to create a GT3RS like no other for our customer, an extreme enthusiast. He wanted something nobody else had.

I'll forward you more info/price on the transmission later. This system doesn't eliminate the clutch. We built a custom clutch stop behind the pedal so you barely have to depress it and than it's as simple as just shifting forward and backward...

It's very quick action and a blast to drive...

Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DLeo
Amazing sound! Just love it

The car looks amazing. Congrats!

The sequential shift seems fun, but I wonder if it's quicker than the oem one!? To me it looks slower
Hi DLeo, thanks for the nice commmets. The sequential is very fun and was done for a customer looking for something different and unique. It's not for everyone. The sequential is quicker than the OEM but it depends how you drive. In our vids, were not going too crazy. Many guys can shift pretty darn quick with OEM or B&M, but the sequential is just very engaging, instant and adds to the driving experience. In the canyons, the downshifts and rev matches are extremely easy and quick which is another great benefit of this system. It's best for those using it in similar applications... Very rally 'esque' - thanks again....

Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Guys can you tell me more about the sequential set up and use .operation of it while driving ?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by DJ
Guys can you tell me more about the sequential set up and use .operation of it while driving ?
D,

Here is a short bit of info on the Sequential Shifter setup:

The Sequential Shifter unit is assembled directly onto the Porsche's gearbox. Positioning the unit on top of the gearbox has one distinct advantage: the shifter knob is much closer to the steering wheel / driving position. An electromagnetic support is employed as soon as the unit is brought out of neutral-idling range and has been placed between each gear. Safe and quick shifting capabilities are the result. In addition to the Sequential Shifter unit, a microprocessor control unit is installed on the passenger side with slight modification to the shifting block.

The advantages of Sequential Shifting:
• Quicker and more precise shifting
• However rare depending on skill level, no more costly shifting mistakes

Gear changes that are fast and safe result from the Sequential Shifter design. The Sequential requires hardly any getting used to. The traditional H-pattern gear scheme is replaced with a fixed, linear gear scheme. Shifting up is as simple as pull and downshifting depressing the gear lever. The built-in electromagnetic support is employed automatically upon shifting above neutral and the desired gear engaged. Shifting times are programmed according to engine speed.

• The employed gear is shown on a clear, legible and dimmable digital display installed inside or on the instrument cluster.
• "R" representing the reverse gear,
• "O" the neutral or idling range
• Numbers "1" - "6" display the engaged gear.

The complete system can be installed within 5-6 hours and reinstallation of the series transmission presents no problems.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Wow thanks for the info fellas sounds like a blast to have...