Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04/05 CGT Differences

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
04/05 CGT Differences

I posted this over at 6speed as well.

I'm sure the info is floating around out there somewhere. Any help would be much appreciated. In the past I had this off the top of my head.......but its been awhile. TIA

Jamie!!!!

Last edited by StoryBook; 06-24-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
I posted this over at 6speed as well.

I'm sure the info is floating around out there somewhere. Any help would be much appreciated. In the past I had this off the top of my head.......but its been away. TIA

Jamie!!!!
Some interior options and pts offered.

The daylight between the two seats was supposed to be different, but I can't see any.

Weird thigh bolsters were included with the '05, however, I couldn't figure out how to put them in without extreme discomfort.

They say the computer controller for the auto throttle was changed after the very early number '04's, however, my No. 247 seems easier to drive than my No. 86X car. It's possible my 05 roof panels may have been slightly lighter than the '04, but that might be the alzheimer's.

I swear the '04 is quicker than the '05, but that may be my bias now owning an '04.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie

The daylight between the two seats was supposed to be different, but I can't see any.

Weird thigh bolsters were included with the '05, however, I couldn't figure out how to put them in without extreme discomfort.

They say the computer controller for the auto throttle was changed after the very early number '04's, however, my No. 247 seems easier to drive than my No. 86X car. It's possible my 05 roof panels may have been slightly lighter than the '04, but that might be the alzheimer's.

I swear the '04 is quicker than the '05, but that may be my bias now owning an '04.
Glad to hear you have been enjoying "the replacement". How many miles have you put on it by now?

Also - any news on an addition/partner to be fill the opening left by the recently installed lift? Hope all is well, and thank god our LCBO's didn't shut down.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Jamie.

What do you mean "easier" to drive?? Do you mean clutch take up is easier to use and modulate?

I don't think there was a difference in HP......interesting that you feel its quicker.

If you wouldn't mind sharing........PM me with details and specs of your car. Its time to pull the trigger. AGAIN

Old 06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
Glad to hear you have been enjoying "the replacement". How many miles have you put on it by now?

Also - any news on an addition/partner to be fill the opening left by the recently installed lift? Hope all is well, and thank god our LCBO's didn't shut down.
I had intended to buy a 993tt, however, I don't seem to be able to drive any of the whips enough. I'm embarrassed by how few miles I have on my bike.

Wifey went out and bought over $1,000 of wine yesterday just in case!

Originally Posted by Kuzi
Thanks for the info Jamie.

What do you mean "easier" to drive?? Do you mean clutch take up is easier to use and modulate?

I don't think there was a difference in HP......interesting that you feel its quicker.

If you wouldn't mind sharing........PM me with details and specs of your car. Its time to pull the trigger. AGAIN
Clutch seems much easier. Don't know why, except this one had a measurement of 30.52 which is the highest I ever heard of. Engine is the same, of course. Maybe it's just my imagination, but this one seems quicker.

If everything checks out on the cat's one, I'd buy it in a second. Basalt, 1900 miles for a bin of 335 on ebay.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I had intended to buy a 993tt, however, I don't seem to be able to drive any of the whips enough. I'm embarrassed by how few miles I have on my bike.

Wifey went out and bought over $1,000 of wine yesterday just in case!

Clutch seems much easier. Don't know why, except this one had a measurement of 30.52 which is the highest I ever heard of. Engine is the same, of course. Maybe it's just my imagination, but this one seems quicker.

If everything checks out on the cat's one, I'd buy it in a second. Basalt, 1900 miles for a bin of 335 on ebay.
Thats a great reading on the clutch for sure.

Unfortunately that one is not my color choice. I'd be inclined to go silver if I can't find the yellow I want at my price.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm high bidder!

There looking for 355k minimum. Good luck with that.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us posted Kuzi!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the 2005 version of the Porsche Carrera GT is newer than the 2004 version.

Quick Reply: 04/05 CGT Differences