Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another GTR vs GT2 test

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
another GTR vs GT2 test

...this time from the latest issue of Motor magazine (Oz publication)

sorry for crap images, i was too lazy to scan so i took photos with my camera...

pretty good, well balanced article. highest praises for both cars, while noting that they are very different animals, and the GT2 definitely the much stronger performer, albeit at a stratospheric premium vs the Nissan.

they gave 10/10 to the Porsche, and 9/10 to the GTR.

also did head to head on a racetrack, where the GT2 was clearly faster than the GTR. the GTR was only faster in one corner/section of track in fact.

interesting too the below chart. we all know that the GTR gets its impressive acceleration due to a combination of the trick dual clutch tranny, excellent AWD system, sticky tires, and aggressive gear ratios. but this chart graphically illustrates how much lower geared the GTR is-- between 20-30kmh lower in each gear...

Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

MOTOR magazine is one of the worst publications in the world. They simply get giddy trialling anything that isn't a Holden or a Ford.

Disregard.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 06-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
oh i didn't know that

i get all the usual fare - CAR, Evo, and occasionally some of the US stuff... but they don't sell MOTOR here where i live.

saw it at the Hong Kong airport the other day and picked it up...

the writing and reportage seemed ok to me though. seeing as you're actually FROM Oz, i won't argue with you! hehehe!!!