Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walter Röhrl on 911 GT3 vs. 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Walter Röhrl on 911 GT3 vs. 911 Turbo

My driving hero and rally legend Walter Röhrl tells us which car he prefers: the naturally aspirated 911 GT3 or the turbocharged 911 Turbo.

YouTube - Walter Röhrl on 911 GT3 vs. 911 Turbo

Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I like how he implies that he drives his Porsche's year round and in the snow...awesome

Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all9fan64 is a name known to all
For those people who don't track thier cars, buy a turbo, but for the other kind of people who thinks going straight is boring and love the tarck bending and braking buy the GT3 RS.

respect to the legend words, Mr. Walter Rohrl

Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
neeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond reputeneeenja has a reputation beyond repute
love that dude.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I've noticed that the truly experienced and skilled drivers like Rohrl, Needell, etc. don't get as caught up in the small gripes and often discussed downfalls, attributes, and images of cars. The Sport button isn't a defining characteristic, a Porsche Turbo isn't necessarily "too soft", etc. Rather, they are more concerned with the car overall and it's mechanical characteristics (power band, AWD, etc.).

In other words, you can tell the difference between a guy like Walter Rohrl, and your average enthusiast who gets his information and draws his conclusions through magazines. And, as a result, the formers comments seem much more realistic and intuitive.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by M5Kid
I've noticed that the truly experienced and skilled drivers like Rohrl, Needell, etc. don't get as caught up in the small gripes and often discussed downfalls, attributes, and images of cars. The Sport button isn't a defining characteristic, a Porsche Turbo isn't necessarily "too soft", etc. Rather, they are more concerned with the car overall and it's mechanical characteristics (power band, AWD, etc.).

In other words, you can tell the difference between a guy like Walter Rohrl, and your average enthusiast who gets his information and draws his conclusions through magazines. And, as a result, the formers comments seem much more realistic and intuitive.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense.
Very insightful and true!

Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice post and apparently I've given my 24hr limit of rep, so I'll get you back tom.