Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some pics of the RSS (One of our Strategic Partners) GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
Why would they disagree on an after market part?

I'm not too sure that it adds down force, but I'm sure it forces air towards the brakes and tires.
the majority of after market parts regarding bodywork are sure to be purely cosmetic.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
Why would they disagree on an after market part?

I'm not too sure that it adds down force, but I'm sure it forces air towards the brakes and tires.
To bring you up to date Mini, the discussion was about the dimensional stability of the machine at high straight away speeds. Not clear where you are going with your statement, but it was way out of context!!:ugh:

Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
D-VO is an unknown quantity at this point
Aero is very tricky, I'll say that.

However, my theory is that this eliminates the high pressure area directly under the fenders, but if it's covered by a liner (edit: just saw the insides of the fenders in the pics, they have mesh leading to them) then nothing will happen. Faster moving air has a lower pressure, so at say 80mph, air is moving around the car on all sides at 80mph. The air under the top of the fender over the tire is probably not. This creates an area where air is pushing the fenders up slightly due to the pressure differential. This takes away from any downforce that is created by the front end as well as the weight of the car, which is always bad.

Or there could be enough space in the wheelwell for the air to escape anyways and these really aren't needed. The GT3 probably has more room under there than a Group C car but I think I explained my theory. Take it as you will

Last edited by D-VO; 02-14-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
997GT3NM is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Craigger
the majority of after market parts regarding bodywork are sure to be purely cosmetic.
Agreed. I believe form follows function, so this fenders better have some serious function because they are fugly as can be. I like the Champion RG5 wheels, but mostly for the weight savings.

So how much does this car weigh now? Anybody?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997GT3NM
Agreed. I believe form follows function, so this fenders better have some serious function because they are fugly as can be. I like the Champion RG5 wheels, but mostly for the weight savings.

So how much does this car weigh now? Anybody?
Welcome to the family, interesting first post right out of the shute!!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Originally Posted by D-VO
Aero is very tricky, I'll say that.

However, my theory is that this eliminates the high pressure area directly under the fenders, but if it's covered by a liner (edit: just saw the insides of the fenders in the pics, they have mesh leading to them) then nothing will happen. Faster moving air has a lower pressure, so at say 80mph, air is moving around the car on all sides at 80mph. The air under the top of the fender over the tire is probably not. This creates an area where air is pushing the fenders up slightly due to the pressure differential. This takes away from any downforce that is created by the front end as well as the weight of the car, which is always bad.

Or there could be enough space in the wheelwell for the air to escape anyways and these really aren't needed. The GT3 probably has more room under there than a Group C car but I think I explained my theory. Take it as you will
I stand corrected and you are correct in your explaination of air reduction within the wheel well. I thank you for clarifying this for me and when I'm wrong, I admit it!! You are correct kind Sir and I thank you for taking the time to educate me!! Best regards, Kenny

Old 02-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
D-VO is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
I stand corrected and you are correct in your explaination of air reduction within the wheel well. I thank you for clarifying this for me and when I'm wrong, I admit it!! You are correct kind Sir and I thank you for taking the time to educate me!! Best regards, Kenny
Bernoulli's principle has some interesting applications my friend! I did a little bit of research myself into the matter after reading your post, made me think about exactly HOW effective it would be, but if the car is this low and isn't open wheel then there are definitely gains to be had.

Cheers,

-D-VO

Old 02-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Are those tires streetlegal? Damn.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed MVP
^^ Not in America ^^.. Those are racing tires for sure..

Old 02-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
There's nothing illegal with slicks on the street.

Quick Reply: Some pics of the RSS (One of our Strategic Partners) GT3 RS