Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some pics of the RSS (One of our Strategic Partners) GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Thanks
Originally Posted by Russ
pardon my ignorance, but what do the vents in the fenders accomplish?
I would assume brake cooling

Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
D-VO is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a noticeable difference in high-speed cornering behavior with the vents getting rid of that high pressure area over the front tires? I would think that they could prove extremely useful given the rear engine layout and the general lack of front grip compared to the rear because of it. They look OK to almost good but if there's performance gains to be had then that's what counts!

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Craigger
I would assume brake cooling
secondarily maybe... generally brake cooling is done by bringing air through the front bumper and expelling it outward through the wheels.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding the fenders, I too do not see the purpose and think it would upset the car Aerodynamically in high speed straights. I don't think the cooling of the brakes would be enough for me to potentially lose the dimensional stability of the machine!!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Regarding the fenders, I too do not see the purpose and think it would upset the car Aerodynamically in high speed straights. I don't think the cooling of the brakes would be enough for me to potentially lose the dimensional stability of the machine!!
They actually improve high speed stability!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D-VO
They actually improve high speed stability!
Are there any statistics that support your statement! I would think that the German engineers would probably disagree given they have spent millions in R & R. If there are other machines out there that have this modification to there 3, I would be interested to see and hear results..

Old 02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
I love that car to death, it is SO TOUGH..

Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
I love that car to death, it is SO TOUGH..
oh yeah the cup holder add's 3inches to your biceps.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Ray
Teamspeed Member
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
How much weight will it save with all the CF doors, hood and seats? This is one hell of RS.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Are there any statistics that support your statement! I would think that the German engineers would probably disagree given they have spent millions in R & R. If there are other machines out there that have this modification to there 3, I would be interested to see and hear results..
Why would they disagree on an after market part?

I'm not too sure that it adds down force, but I'm sure it forces air towards the brakes and tires.

Quick Reply: Some pics of the RSS (One of our Strategic Partners) GT3 RS