Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Design Review Of The Porsche Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by DJ
^^Interesting how some cars such as the aventador have adopted the higher center console approach, heck even the panamera, cayenne, and now 991 have something that is reminiscent of the approach.
...comparing the interior of the 991, panamera etc to the C-GT...that's a disgrace for the C-GT.

When I see all the pictures here from the C-GT...the engine, the suspension, the chassis...every piece/part is really "art"..something special.."hand crafted perfection"..

Nothing, really nothing is comparable to the mass and "cheap" production of the 991, panamera etc..even my GT3 is a "beetle" compared to this..although I would never say a 911 is a beetle..but the C-GT is really special.

Soon it will be 10 years old...but look at the design..a piece of art from every angle...and the performance too..with 7:33 at the Ring not even a hand full of cars have beaten that today 7 years later..there was a test on German TV (you'll find it on youtube) where Walter Röhrl tested the GT2RS vs the C-GT..his words were: if the C-GT would have the tires of 2011 it would probably smoke the GT2RS..

I love this car..but I cant afford it now..maybe in the future but we will see.

The sound is even better than the GT3 CUP...cheek at you youtube:
"Porsche Carrera GT: Driftorgie in den Bergen"..you dont need to understand German..just listen to the sound..+ I have never seen somebody driving a C-GT ..of course Tim Schrick does it...great guy

Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
uhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enoughuhn2000 will become famous soon enough
Holly holly holly lord. I am sucker for the CGT. You typed every thought I have of this car in such eloquent form, well done. The way I explain it to my wife when I see one is "imagine revving 5 motorcycles at the same time in an uncompromising beast that abides to your every command". The greatest super car ever made - hopefully one day in my garage!

Old 10-07-2011, 12:04 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tacet-C
DJ that is including the 918 now too, high center console that is. For sure wraps the occupants in style and comfort.
Yep, can't wait to see these in production btw!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
...comparing the interior of the 991, panamera etc to the C-GT...that's a disgrace for the C-GT.

When I see all the pictures here from the C-GT...the engine, the suspension, the chassis...every piece/part is really "art"..something special.."hand crafted perfection"..

Nothing, really nothing is comparable to the mass and "cheap" production of the 991, panamera etc..even my GT3 is a "beetle" compared to this..although I would never say a 911 is a beetle..but the C-GT is really special.

Soon it will be 10 years old...but look at the design..a piece of art from every angle...and the performance too..with 7:33 at the Ring not even a hand full of cars have beaten that today 7 years later..there was a test on German TV (you'll find it on youtube) where Walter Röhrl tested the GT2RS vs the C-GT..his words were: if the C-GT would have the tires of 2011 it would probably smoke the GT2RS..

I love this car..but I cant afford it now..maybe in the future but we will see.

The sound is even better than the GT3 CUP...cheek at you youtube:
"Porsche Carrera GT: Driftorgie in den Bergen"..you dont need to understand German..just listen to the sound..+ I have never seen somebody driving a C-GT ..of course Tim Schrick does it...great guy
I've seen that video at least a 1000 times. Die Posaunen von Jericho

Du solltest mal unseren Germans thread auschecken ! btw to TS

https://teamspeed.com/forums/off-top...mspeeders.html

Old 10-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by McRae; 10-14-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
^double post much?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Oversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer has a reputation beyond repute
Was chatting with my friends infront of school the other day, and a silver carrera gt pulled up to pick somebody up and the car still gives me a heart attack!

Old 10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Even with the 991 out, I still think the Carrera GT is one of the freshest looking cars around. Truly a timeless design. I can't imagine it will ever look dated.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Even with the 991 out, I still think the Carrera GT is one of the freshest looking cars around. Truly a timeless design. I can't imagine it will ever look dated.

The car is timeless no doubt. It actually still looks like a concept vehicle that one only dreams about but would never be able to own. Sorta of a one off car. Your particular sample is incrediable and perfectly spec'd.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, but I only wish that was my car!

Quick Reply: Design Review Of The Porsche Carrera GT