Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT3RS/GT3 Picture Thread......Go!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
GT3RS all day. i hate saying it as well, unless you're tracking the car or you really need that extra few HP, I actually think the 997 GT3 (non RS), as well as the RS are far better values right now.

i like the panache of the RS. far more rare, better ressale later, probably near the bottom of their price depreciation curve. wide stance and as you point out , a great deal right now. u can find <3k, 4k mile RS's for probaably 20, 30 back of sticker.

I see that 997.2 GT3 20,25k under sticker in a year, maybe less.
they are sticker and a few back right now. dealers arent doing that out of good will.

saw a 997.gt3 this past week. thought about it. passed. didnt like the steering wheel. like my ladies w wider tush.

Originally Posted by JonA85
I'd pick the GT3 RS.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by spg993tt
GT3RS all day. i hate saying it as well, unless you're tracking the car or you really need that extra few HP, I actually think the 997 GT3 (non RS), as well as the RS are far better values right now.

i like the panache of the RS. far more rare, better ressale later, probably near the bottom of their price depreciation curve. wide stance and as you point out , a great deal right now. u can find <3k, 4k mile RS's for probaably 20, 30 back of sticker.

I see that 997.2 GT3 20,25k under sticker in a year, maybe less.
they are sticker and a few back right now. dealers arent doing that out of good will.

saw a 997.gt3 this past week. thought about it. passed. didnt like the steering wheel. like my ladies w wider tush.
Ah Steve,
Voice of reason as always
Same thoughts here...looked at 2 here in Atlanta yesterday and passed.
$125-$130k sticker vs my car (with 2.8k miles) worth, what, $85k ??
didnt like the steering wheel, or wing, front end looks like std 997 and wheels now painted "brake dust"' grey ??

BTW, your Euro 997 GT3 seats look (and feel) great in my 3 !!

Bill

Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
So question for you all:

Would you take a 997 GT3 RS > 997.2 GT3 considering they are at similar price points?
Are you trying to decide? If so the 7.2 GT3 would be a better option as a DD. I thought you weren't that impressed with the 7.2 GT3? Personally I'd go with the old RS, if I also had something like my M3 to use as a DD.

Last edited by "The JC"; 08-02-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
maximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud of
at Spa

my GT3 at La Source, Spa

Attached Images  
Old 08-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
^^ OMG I love that shot. That's a dream of mine what a car on such a track...congrats

Old 08-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maximu5
my GT3 at La Source, Spa
Love your ride, what does the CS on the side mean?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^clubsport

Old 08-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
^clubsport
Is that a euro only option. I've seen a ton of GT3's in NY and have never seen this?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
maximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by littlebulldogg
Love your ride, what does the CS on the side mean?
ClubSport

Old 08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
This was braking just before La Source

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The GT3RS/GT3 Picture Thread......Go!