Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT3RS/GT3 Picture Thread......Go!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
^sweet shots!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond repute
I will own a 997 GT3 one day and I hope it is very soon.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro

Old 01-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brady
Nice car.

Whole bunch of other things? Explain.
Apart from the Manthey 3.9 440PS Engine conversion:

996 GT3 Cup gearbox and additional oil cooler and revised gear sets
KW Variant 3 suspension
Manthey Top Mounts
8:32 Crown wheel and pinion
6 piston front calipers and Alcon floating discs (a Mk 1 GT3 so should have had 4 pots)
Cup gear selector cable
Front bumper incorporating anti-lift kit
Manthey/BBS Magnesium wheels
Welded six point roll cage
996 Cup air filter
Manthey carbon fibre air collector
Manthey carbon fibre air intake
Manthey brake cooling kit

Car has done 70k miles now but the motor and trans are around 5k miles (motor had the lot done including new rods) and it's just had the suspension rebuilt.

Mk1 was the lightest GT3 and with the 440PS Manthey 3.9 it's quite swift

Here's a picture of it that shows the colour better - Zanzibar Red

Last edited by 993rsr; 01-01-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
brady is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 993rsr
Apart from the Manthey 3.9 440PS Engine conversion:

996 GT3 Cup gearbox and additional oil cooler and revised gear sets
KW Variant 3 suspension
Manthey Top Mounts
8:32 Crown wheel and pinion
6 piston front calipers and Alcon floating discs (a Mk 1 GT3 so should have had 4 pots)
Cup gear selector cable
Front bumper incorporating anti-lift kit
Manthey/BBS Magnesium wheels
Welded six point roll cage
996 Cup air filter
Manthey carbon fibre air collector
Manthey carbon fibre air intake
Manthey brake cooling kit

Car has done 70k miles now but the motor and trans are around 5k miles (motor had the lot done including new rods) and it's just had the suspension rebuilt.

Mk1 was the lightest GT3 and with the 440PS Manthey 3.9 it's quite swift

Here's a picture of it that shows the colour better - Zanzibar Red
Looks like I am about half way there then...The cheap half! Nice colour.

K400
Cup Air Filter with Carbon Surround
Manthey KWv3
Manthey Top Mounts
Mk2 6 Pot brakes
Cup Gear Cables
997 Short Shift
RS Steering Wheel, Gear Lever and Handbrake
Clubsport Cage

I used to have the Manthey brake cooling kit but it got obliterated due to the lovely Irish roads. So I now have a modified version and have recently replaced all the underbody plastics, wheel arch liners, etc. as well as every single coolant hose! Oh and I got the cage at the same time. The resolution this year is to stop spending money on the car!

By the way, I love the Manthey wheels. I am looking for a second set of standard ones for mine. You havent got any knocking around that you no longer require by any chance?

Who did you get to rebuild your KWs?

Last edited by brady; 01-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
By the way, I love the Manthey wheels. I am looking for a second set of standard ones for mine. You havent got any knocking around that you no longer require by any chance?

Who did you get to rebuild your KWs?

I've got another couple of sets of wheels but will hold onto them.

KW in Germany rebuilt the dampers (including fitting the latest spec. larger diamater piston rods they are now using on 997's. In fact they replaced the entire damper only retaining the springs.

Work was completed via JZM in the UK.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
maximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud ofmaximu5 has much to be proud of
my old Mk1 on the best track in the world (pic taken by Jochen of Frozenspeed)

Attached Images  

Last edited by maximu5; 01-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
maximu5 amazing picture and welcome to the TEAM!

Quick Reply: The GT3RS/GT3 Picture Thread......Go!