Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 loaded with CARBON and leather

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
That's a lot of carbon. Great job.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
wow! bad ass!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Adron
Anybody here do loads on wheels? The cf wheels look great but I'd love to hear more about the engineering that makes them work. Under a perfect scenario it seems like it can kind of work but in a wheel it almost seems like there would be too many other loads that would not make cf the right choice. If anyone knows the load cases that go into making this kind of wheel i would love to hear about it. I must say that i am trying to imagine the ply layup of those wheels.

The car does look great by the way!
I would call it a day at dymags - (Ron) MexicoBlue had a set and had no complaints (from what I remember).

Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Incredible craftsmanship, matching the wave pattern of the seatbelt holes with the seat back is executed perfectly... Looks great on the car..although steering wheel bits might seem like an overkill...

BTW, when I looked at the second set of pics, I wondered how cool would it be to have a CF Rollbar or a rollcage ? Now, THAT would be baller !!!

Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
I would call it a day at dymags - (Ron) MexicoBlue had a set and had no complaints (from what I remember).
We have a customer that just got a set of Dymags for his Carrera GT and he couldn't get two of the wheels to balance out, and Dymag won't answer his calls.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clubber
Incredible craftsmanship, matching the wave pattern of the seatbelt holes with the seat back is executed perfectly... Looks great on the car..although steering wheel bits might seem like an overkill...

BTW, when I looked at the second set of pics, I wondered how cool would it be to have a CF Rollbar or a rollcage ? Now, THAT would be baller !!!
The steering wheel is overkill, but a roll bar would be baller???

Glad you like it and thanks for the compliments.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Here's another couple pics to keep everyone drooling!

Attached Images   
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lanes
The steering wheel is overkill, but a roll bar would be baller???

Glad you like it and thanks for the compliments.
With the SW, I meant all the carbon pieces looked busy that's all !

I personally think CF and any other interior accent piece looks better with some contrast material.. If everything and everything is CF then it loses its uniqueness ! Just my $0.02 !

For the rollbar, it would be pure functional as lightness is very important on rollbars as they usually add unwanted weight. That would be safety with no compromise !!
Imagine a full rollbar that weights 5-6kg with titanium bolts...wow that would be awesome ! I hope you guys come up with a similar design some day !

Old 12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing...

Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Clubber
With the SW, I meant all the carbon pieces looked busy that's all !

I personally think CF and any other interior accent piece looks better with some contrast material.. If everything and everything is CF then it loses its uniqueness ! Just my $0.02 !

For the rollbar, it would be pure functional as lightness is very important on rollbars as they usually add unwanted weight. That would be safety with no compromise !!
Imagine a full rollbar that weights 5-6kg with titanium bolts...wow that would be awesome ! I hope you guys come up with a similar design some day !
I kinda feel the same way. I like my carbon to contrast against other materials.

I don't believe a full CF roll bar would work, because although carbon is very strong if done right, it isn't strong in impact situations. If you watch a Formula one car crash you can see that the carbon just explodes.

Quick Reply: GT2 loaded with CARBON and leather