Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 versus GT-R Torque TV Promo

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008 | 09:24 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow GT3 versus GT-R Torque TV Promo

I can't wait to see what our buddy Emil pulls off here

GT3 versus GT-R Torque TV Promo on Vimeo

Old 11-04-2008 | 09:26 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Check out this drift BTW !!!

Drifting the GT3 on Vimeo

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice drift! Is that member Emil driving ?

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:40 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome, although I've never understood why the open their doors while drifting. It reminds me of that "cool pic" thread Jox posted of his car while parked.

Old 11-04-2008 | 11:02 AM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JackGT3
Nice drift! Is that member Emil driving ?
Not sure who is driving when (I was not in the edit) but it's either myself or Sam Hubinette. The clip with the door opening is definitely Sam (as I was holding the camera).

As for the shoot-out... keep in mind we went ****ing around with the car BEFORE the competition, so tire wear played an important factor in the outcome. Plus, Sam is not a super-experienced 911 driver. (I may have clocked some faster lap times than him). Also, the wind that day when we were shooting was HUGELY unpredictable. The track is on the side of a hill, so the wind can really wreak havoc with handling dynamics.

For what it's worth, I had to tow the car home after the shoot... I'm gonna go pick it up this week. If he has the old Sport Cups laying around (I asked him to hold on to them) I'll take pics and post them. I was amazed that the things even held pressure!

Funny side note: I called AAA for a tow. I've got their "plus" package and have had it for years. It's the first time I used them. Here's how the call went down...

Emil: Hi, I need a flat bed to tow my car home. I just noticed that one of the tires looks bad and is loosing pressure.

AAA: Ok, sir. What happened?

Emil: I don't know. I was meeting with some people, and came back to the car, the tire pressure light came on, I'm looking at the tire and seeing metal threads coming out of it and some 'white stuff' on the inner tread line.

AAA: You're right. Definitely do not drive the car. What's your address?

Emil: I'm in the parking lot at 3500 75th Street West in Rosamond

AAA: [Without hesitation] That's Willow Springs Raceway. ... Doing a little drifting?

Emil: Uhh ...

AAA: Don't worry about it. Happens all the time. We'll have someone up there in 30 minutes.

The tow guy was there in 10, had the car loaded up before we wrapped up shooting. He waited around for an hour or so while we finished up. we even got him a hot-lap in the GT-R at the end of the day... It's all he could talk about on the 90 minute ride back to Venice.

Old 11-04-2008 | 11:03 AM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and thanks for posting this up DJ!