Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't believe an M5 wagon smoked a GT3 this bad!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Look at some of the other vids off that site. M5Board videos have about as much credibility as OJ.

If they would run an E36 M3 against a Veyron, they'd cut the video to make it seem like the M3 won.
+1
I'm a little tired of the biased opinions at M5board too. BMW:s are great cars but there's a little narrow-minded perspective over there. It's no site for car enthusiasts.

Nonetheless, impressive performance on the wagon...

Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Look at some of the other vids off that site. M5Board videos have about as much credibility as OJ.

If they would run an E36 M3 against a Veyron, they'd cut the video to make it seem like the M3 won.
Can you teach me any swedish insult so i can cuss Gustav (owner of M5board) out? I always found him too uptight while i was on his board

Haven,t seen the DVDs to actually judge, but i think the clips give you a decent estimation of how fast some cars really are compared to others.

Like i said, i havent seen the DVDs, but i want to see at least 3 runs for each race:

- From a standing stop
- Quarter mile (400meters)
- And lastly and all out run like they seem to do already

Old 10-17-2008, 09:25 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Respect to the M5 wagon but it wouldn't be a contest on the track with the GT3. However if you need to haul groceries, I guess the M5 would win in that category.

Jox, I think OJ has plenty of credibility left...

Old 10-17-2008, 11:21 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
the sad part is that they do not sell the wagon here...
I would buy it.

I love fast wagons and MB is the only one that has the balls to import one to the USA (E63 wagon)...

as for the GT3... best car made in my opinion

Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
M5 board is not that great very biased, how can a stock M3 DCT gearbox 2008 model be faster than an C63 in a top end.

Impossible.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet
no matter how much horsepower the M5 had, its till a station wagon... so its a little embarrassing haha.
I would NOT mind being seen driving that thing around

Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
i love wagons in the first place, so this is a bitching video!

Old 10-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
The GT3 would make the M5 weep around a track! But in a straight line the autobahn-shopping-trolly is amazingly quick, no doubt.

And then it's the m5board. Their comparisons very often have interesting results.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Only wagon I liked was the B5 RS4

Old 10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
^ Have you seen the new RS6 wagon?
The whole car literally shakes standing still everytime you rev it up.

I dont understand why you guys say M5 board is biased, its just a bunch of car guys getting together and racing,so i would doubt anyone would stage his or her car's win or loss.

The only negative factors in some of those vids are probably having to carry a fat-ass cameraman as an extra load or just bad driving

Last edited by Ced; 10-17-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Can't believe an M5 wagon smoked a GT3 this bad!!