Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Nazi war-booty 500K seized by German police

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Nazi war-booty 500K seized by German police

Was this Mercedes War Booty?

I think the heir is full of shit personally. No evidence to back-up his claim, like maybe some kind of police reports or other printed data from back when it was taken. On top of that, there appears to be irrefutable evidence that the original owner did have a factory where 600 slave workers built airplane parts for the war effort.

I wonder how long he was following the car and planning this. Nailing the car as it was brought into the country for the show on a saturday when a temp judge is on the job. Pretty cunning...

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this, since a lot of the pre-war Mercedes that were originally sold to the wealthy and/or privileged citizens of axis countries were likely sympathetic, or at the very least, indifferent to the Nazi party. If the car doesn't get returned to the new owners, this case could set a precedent and lead to a chain reaction of other such cars getting seized by heirs/children of the original owners who had the cars originally confiscated when the Nazis fell.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting..

The car is a beauty though.. i would take all measures right and not right if i even had a ounce of claim on that piece of art!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a bill of sale? If not how can you be sure it wasn't stolen by a war profiting American soldier?

Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
^Dude, I'm flattered that you go from asshole to inquisitive when it comes to my posts.

Even if there was a bill of sale, it was some number of owners ago. Who knows if it still exists. I think this story gets juicy around the time it reappeared in the '70s with Russell Strauch. That's whose door they should be beating down right now.

If these two guys get screwed and the heir gets the car, there's going to be a bunch of these heirs of Nazi-sympathetic industrialists and businessmen coming out of the woodwork to claim cars.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Does not matter what or who they sympathize with, as long as they have proof something was stolen from them. Imagine ppl getting stripped of their belongings based on their sympathies.. Haha could be fun actually