2013 Mercedes-Benz SL Catalog pics leaked

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BC87 is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed. fail

Old 12-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
It's very much more of the same, but based on those images, the bull-nosed front makes it look somewhat bulbous and, to quote VTGTS, bloated. These images are from too low a perspective to make the final call for me - it might work a hell of a lot better when you're not looking at it from the viewpoint of somebody who's three feet tall.

I think this'll be like the current S-class design, which I hated at first, but grew to like.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Don't like it at all. Seriously, who designs tail lights at Mercedes-Benz?
George Lucas

Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
He'd even do better.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I miss not too long ago when each of Audi, Mercedes, and BMWs cars had similar, yet very different and iconic designs. Now though all of the cars just look the same. Bloated, over styled, and ugly (not so much for Audi though).

The new SL doesn't look too bad, but it seems very un inspired. Not as big a screw up as the new CLS was though. The W218 had an iconic design, and they ruined it.

This looks amazing.

This looks like crap.

Last edited by Carrera; 12-12-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:40 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said a while back, they had a great design, got bored, and now over style it. The original CLS was one of the best looking MB's ever.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Like I said a while back, they had a great design, got bored, and now over style it. The original CLS was one of the best looking MB's ever.
Agreed.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Teamspeed

Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
do not like the look of the headlights! they look square and ugly IMO

Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
This won't end well
BMW still makes good looking cars IMO. The new 5 Series, while not groundbreaking, is a great looking machine. The interior is great albeit more of a revision. The new MB's look downright boring. I feel the S-Class is one of the best looking cars on the market in any class. I hope they don't ruin the next one but after seeing these, I'm sure they will. The new CLS looks like ass. The exterior changes are terrible. They took every great line and ruined it or added more to give it more 'character'. It doesn't work. Same situation on the SL. I do love their interiors though. I have, and always will, love Audi. The new A6 is downright gorgeous in person. The new A8 is a dud in person though. Pretty disappointing but the S8 looks fantastic. The subtle differences make it a completely different car IMO. Just my thoughts

Old 12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
It's just a larger SLK R172, not a fan.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL Catalog pics leaked