Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

My Nightmare dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011 | 02:00 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
sbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura aboutsbyang has a spectacular aura about
Angry My Nightmare dealer story

To start, I was really happy with my purchase of the R350 a few years ago from Laguna Niguel Mercedes Benz. I kept referring my friends to go there if they want a Merc. So it makes perfect sense to go back to them when I want to get a GL450 to replace it now. Bad bad bad idea.

First the negotiation process took forever, the sales went back and forth with the manager so many times that I really lost count, and I was left in the office waiting with my family for hours. Finally we got to an agreement on the price, but they did counted the Conquest discount to make it a sweet deal. They ran my credit, everything looks good, we shook hands, he said the car is yours and we "almost" signed the bill of sale. The problem is I don't have a car that fulfills the Conquest promotion, so they suggested that I could always go get an old BMW or Volvo to get that $4000 conquest discount and come back to do the paperwork. So I did and went ahead and bought an old Volvo the next day. I called the sales back right away after I got the conquest car. Surprise, their general manager decided that they are not going to sell the car with the agreed price. Why? Because there are other interested buyers that might come to see it and there is another dealer that want to get the GL I was looking at as a trade for a higher price they offered me.

Enough said, I think the way they do business and treat customer with what happened. I won't suggest any fellow Teamspeeders to go there. There are plenty of Mercedes dealer in So Cal, just got somewhere else. Asking another manager to tell me he was not the one who agreed on the price and the manager that offered me the price is off and not in the dealership is plain stupid. The only credit was to the sales person Ray, he was really nice and honest, and I don't think he had anything to do with this and it's not something he can control on what his crappy GM does.

If you want to be treated like an idiot that they can squeeze every last quarter out of you for a car, go to Laguna Niguel Mercedes. I am sure some other people might have experienced otherwise, but thats just my share.

Old 09-10-2011 | 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
You bought an R350??

Old 09-10-2011 | 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't lawyers supposed to hear the entire story?

Old 09-10-2011 | 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
$4000 conquest discount? Sounds really high. I've heard of $1500 conquests, but not that much before.

IMO, the SM shouldn't have given you the conquest discount in the first place since you didn't qualify.

Old 09-10-2011 | 02:55 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
It's your fault for wanting a Benz

Old 09-10-2011 | 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to all
Originally Posted by h20skier
It's your fault for wanting a Benz
Not all of us can afford a half dozen ferraris'

Old 09-10-2011 | 03:49 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Well that sucks, but to be honest if you had actually qualified for the discount you were quoted then you could have done it there and avoided the problem. I think you should have worked out a deal with what you had instead. I think you sort of brought it on yourself imo.

Old 09-10-2011 | 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
What are you upset about anyway? You ended up getting a new car in the end... the volvo. Congrats!

Old 09-10-2011 | 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Throwing gas on the fire. . . hahahha

Old 09-10-2011 | 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
What are you upset about anyway? You ended up getting a new car in the end... the volvo. Congrats!

Quick Reply: My Nightmare dealer story