Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

GTspirit road test: Xenatec Maybach 57S Coupé in Monaco

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
MR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to all

Monaco is preparing for a Royal wedding this summer. Prince Albert, ruler of the Principality of Monaco will marry former South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock next July. But this is not the only happening which should please the Royals and high society. At Top Marques 2011 an other marriage was celebrated, one between Maybach and Xenatec resulting in the Maybach 57S Coupé.

Mercedes-Benz presented at the 1997 Tokyo Motor Show a luxury concept car based on the Mercedes S-class – the Mercedes-Benz Maybach concept car – which in name, style and luxury referred to the historical German manufacturer Maybach. This name was revived as a brand in the early 2000s by Mercedes-Benz when the company launched the Maybach 57 and 62, which were aimed as a challenger for Rolls-Royce Phantom and Bentley Arnage in the “super luxury” segment. In 2005 Maybach presented the ‘S’ editions of their line-up, where S standing for ‘special’. The 57S and 62S are more powerful than the regular 57 and 62.

The Xenatec Maybach 57S Coupé is based on the Maybach 57S. The German coachbuilder Xenatec turned the luxurious four-door limousine into a two-door coupé in close cooperation with the Daimler organization. The coupé was configured by designer Fredrik Burchhardt who is also responsible for the remarkable one-off Maybach Exelero. The production will be limited at 100 cars with up to ten pieces already produced, each built to order to the buyer’s specifications.

Read more right here!

GTspirit road test: Xenatec Maybach 57S Cruiserio Coupe in Monaco on Vimeo

Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to allHill is a name known to all
Really nice

Old 05-03-2011, 05:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job guys!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
Looks a whole lot better than the regular 57S.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like this car but would rather have a CL65 done via the AMG performance studio, bespoke to my specifications.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
already posted it in the POV thread...
I saw exactly THIS car yesterday on the Autobahn on the way home. The car has such a presence I was blown away and it looks awesome in the flesh. Very big and wide. Definitely the only Maybach I would buy If I could. Great looking car.

Sadly a friend of mine did the shots and he only made 2.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
xtc
Teamspeed Rookie
xtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks great

Old 05-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I like this car but would rather have a CL65 done via the AMG performance studio, bespoke to my specifications.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I can't believe Maybach is still using the old S-Class (W220) interior layout for their new cars.

Last edited by NAPO; 05-18-2011 at 02:49 AM.