Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

What do you hate about your MB

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
spare time toys is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Firstly, I'm guessing that either your E/CLS or SL was/is your first MB product? Secondly, your car cost either $55k/65k or almost $100k new. The parts don't depreciate with the car. Sorry.

Secondly, go price out a new BMW key. Or Volvo Key. or Audi Key.

These cars aren't Chevy's. The key needs to be able to handle the trillion rolling codes for the ignition. Safety is paramount to Mercedes Benz.

The SBC brakes? ya, they sucked. It was an innovative idea that just didn't sit well with most people (including me); but they've learned and moved on.

And hopefully the day never comes that you have to use the cars safety cage to save your life when you're being hit head on by a car. Very few manufacturers can claim Mercedes Benz's safety record.

All things considered; the complaints aren't bad ones.

No its not the first and will not be my last. There is better key tech. for a lower price out there I would guess they dont change it because you are stuck going to the dealer to get one. I understand all too well about the cage. I guess like most my biggest gripe is the local dealer. My wife took it in for service and they dont have a curtisey car to take customers to work?? They got all pissy when I asked what the parts cost was for the brake fix, and treat you like crap because you are stuck going to them.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
- that stupid chiming that you can't turn off without pushing the arrow button on the wheel..

- my key seems to go through batteries like no one's business

- they didn't make an electronic trunk closer on the 55 Estate and I'm sad.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spare time toys
No its not the first and will not be my last. There is better key tech. for a lower price out there I would guess they dont change it because you are stuck going to the dealer to get one. I understand all too well about the cage. I guess like most my biggest gripe is the local dealer. My wife took it in for service and they dont have a curtisey car to take customers to work?? They got all pissy when I asked what the parts cost was for the brake fix, and treat you like crap because you are stuck going to them.
ahhh the 'real meat and potatoes' of the issue. I 10000000% understand. When 10 of us moved out from Boston to Cleveland when our Boss bought his own dealership, Service is the #1 Virtue which we hold dear.

It's EVERYTHING.

Exactly why we took a loser store to No 1 in Customer Service and Sales in less than 3 months. We've been Mercedes Benz Best of the Best ever since we've been here. (exluding 2005, which we didn't qualify for b/c we weren't open for a full year).

I chuckled the other day when I over heard one of our Sales Guys tell his Client "We'll Service the Heck out of you!"

It's funny, but it's so true. We adore our clients. Free, brand new MB or Porsche loaners. No questions asked where you bought the car. Never. Free airport shuttle. Free Car Wash and Vac.

You're driving a Mercedes Benz, or a Porsche. You've earned the right to be treated with respect. Just like when you go to the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
and i dunno if this is a mb problem or an AMG problem but the 55 kompressor motors tend to overheat and the supercharger turns off due to heat soak>>> intercooler pump and heat exchange should have been upgraded from the factory

Old 10-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
and i dunno if this is a mb problem or an AMG problem but the 55 kompressor motors tend to overheat and the supercharger turns off due to heat soak>>> intercooler pump and heat exchange should have been upgraded from the factory
I'm being serious. I've never heard of that issue

BUT!

I just spoke with one of our Master Techs; he said that it's a air pump issue, and hopefully the car stored the fault codes. The 'fix' will work perfectly and hasn't seen a reoccurance afterwards.

Did you purchase your car new or a Certified Pre Owned?

Old 10-08-2010, 01:36 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
I am such an avid AMG enthusiast I know the engines inside out and I like to read up.

Basically the oem water pump is prone to failure on the cls and cars that share the same engine SL,E,CL,S55's etc.

You can make it 90% better and get less heat soak with a larger Heat Exchanger and a Johnsson C90 water pumpp

I'll look into it more further and ask a friend of mine what he has, basically he has 560 to the wheels on his car with the SLR camshafts.

Its and easy fix, dont worry.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
I hate that there are no performance modifications available for the older MB's. I'd love to have a Kleemann SC on my 560SL, but they just don't exist. Other than that, MB has and always will be the top of the line for me.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
actually, I have a complaint. I hate MB's choice for OEM wheels, a lot of the time. And the fact that it seems only riced out/ blling wheels are the ones that look halfway decent on the cars. 2ndly, I'd really like it if MB had a REAL sport seat available for their sedans. Like the ones they put into the E Class Coupe. Those are nice seats.

Or like a BMW seat. Love them.

there, feel better fella's?

Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slik560
I hate that there are no performance modifications available for the older MB's. I'd love to have a Kleemann SC on my 560SL, but they just don't exist. Other than that, MB has and always will be the top of the line for me.
Ditch the 560 engine, drop the W220 S500 engine in 306hp + Kleemann S/C which is basically another $ 8,500 your looking at 475hp.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Ditch the 560 engine, drop the W220 S500 engine in 306hp + Kleemann S/C which is basically another $ 8,500 your looking at 475hp.
THIS is the best advice I've had yet. Thanks.