Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

What do you hate about your MB

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spare time toys
Just thought of another thing SBC brakes ...... fly by wire junk cool when they work SUCK at repair time. Such a great idea they dont have it any more.
Firstly, I'm guessing that either your E/CLS or SL was/is your first MB product? Secondly, your car cost either $55k/65k or almost $100k new. The parts don't depreciate with the car. Sorry.

Secondly, go price out a new BMW key. Or Volvo Key. or Audi Key.

These cars aren't Chevy's. The key needs to be able to handle the trillion rolling codes for the ignition. Safety is paramount to Mercedes Benz.

The SBC brakes? ya, they sucked. It was an innovative idea that just didn't sit well with most people (including me); but they've learned and moved on.

And hopefully the day never comes that you have to use the cars safety cage to save your life when you're being hit head on by a car. Very few manufacturers can claim Mercedes Benz's safety record.

All things considered; the complaints aren't bad ones.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and my complaint is that I don't have a SLS sitting in my driveway.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Since 1999 we have owned:

2000 E430 Sport
2001 S500 Sport
2003 E320 Estate
2007 S550 Sport
2008 S65
2010 C350
2010 E550

The only lemon we had was the E320 Estate and as a result of the lemon law in CA MB bought the car back for almost what we paid. Today we still own the S65 and E550. Both have been great and actually the E550 is outstanding. The S65... well what can I say. It's an S65. The car only has 15k miles on it and looks better then when it came from the showroom due to a number of extensive details. If the new E550 is any example of what's to come, MB should be a better car company in the next 10 years then the past 20.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
I've had:

2003 C230 Sports Sedan
2007 E350 Sports Sedan
2007 ML350
2009 E350 Sports Sedan
2010 GLK350 (got it for the ex gf, now I need to get rid of it LOL)

All have/are flawless. But I will say the German Built Sedans are 'better built' than the American produced SUV's. (minus the GLK, that was built in Germany)

Last edited by STOPPIE; 10-07-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I actually think the E-class drives smoother than the S for some reason, I like the lighter steering feel of the E > S-class.

I agree german built Merc's are better than the american one's.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I actually think the E-class drives smoother than the S for some reason, I like the lighter steering feel of the E > S-class.

I agree german built Merc's are better than the american one's.
It's just lower to the ground, lowering its center of gravity; thus not so 'tipsy' like the S. Not like the S is tipsy; but you know what I'm saying.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
dont like the expensive maintenance costs, the fact i have to buy tires so often and that they are so expensive, but my biggest gripe is the fuel cost!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GregV
dont like the expensive maintenance costs, the fact i have to buy tires so often and that they are so expensive, but my biggest gripe is the fuel cost!
Quafie LSD + Conti 3 tyres

Old 10-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by GregV
Lemme get this straight; you're driving a 469hp, RWD, Super Charged V8 4500lbs sedan that goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds-

And you're complaining about:

Fuel Cost?
Tire Wear?

Hand in your man card and go to your nearest Toyota dealer and buy one of thier econo-boxes.

Seriously. You're joking, right?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
The only two problems I have are the air conditioning of my SL. if I don't drive the SL for a while, it takes forever to get the ac cold.
And the second thing is hate is the MB dealer. You Bahraini TS'ers know exactly what I mean. Ridiculous prices when it comes to spare parts.