Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Bought the wife a GL 550

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enough
Bought the wife a GL 550

Ok i bought my wife a 2010 gl 550. Car is loaded with all the goodies but wondering what else i can do to it and were to look.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Did you get the AMG wheels? IMO that is the only thing that truck needs. I love the GL, good purchase.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cheeta
Ok i bought my wife a 2010 gl 550. Car is loaded with all the goodies but wondering what else i can do to it and were to look.
Appearance wise or power wise?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have any pics of the car in its "purest" form? That will give us a better prospective of what we are looking at.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
I suggest you keep the OEM look and add some sport touches. IMO the GL 550 is way too classy for any radical changes.

As TTMOTION mentioned, I'd opt for the OEM AMG wheels shown below:

Or the other OEM AMG wheels below:

I'd get the OEM Ipod integration with some rubber rear mats and storage.

One cool interior upgrade that I would defintely do is integrate a Valentine One unit in the rearview mirror.

This is a C-Class for reference

YouTube - Custom Valentine one radar in rearview mirror

Renntech can do it for you as well, I looked it up for you:

You can also get the lowering module with the remote that Renntech offers :

Renntech also has some power upgrades that IMO seem worth it for some extra fun

OEM Rear entertainment if you have kids
If you dont already have it : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fAudioQ5fVideo

Last edited by alkyoneus; 09-27-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
i think the above just about covers it, maybe a rear seat entertainment system and brushed aluminum skid plates

Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Here's a setup Wheels Boutique did, noticing from the Porsche Cayenne you posted before and IMO the horrendous wheels it has , I can only urge you to stick with something classy that accentuates the car, and doesn't take away from it...

HRE P55
22x10 Brushed Center & Polished Lips

Pirelli Scorpion
305/40-22

Brembo Brake Kit
8 piston Front
4 piston Rear

Last edited by alkyoneus; 09-27-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
my favourite big suv very nice choice, congrats

Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enoughcheeta will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the help. I ordered the rubber mats and the car has the amg wheels already. Also has the rear tv's. I will go to Renntech and check out the performance upgrades. Alkyoneus thanks for the input i believe everyone has a right to there opionion but i got alot of compliments on those wheels. I loved the cayenne, it was a great car. The mercedes is alot more classy!!

Attached Images   
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by cheeta
Thanks for the help. I ordered the rubber mats and the car has the amg wheels already. Also has the rear tv's. I will go to Renntech and check out the performance upgrades. Alkyoneus thanks for the input i believe everyone has a right to there opionion but i got alot of compliments on those wheels. I loved the cayenne, it was a great car. The mercedes is alot more classy!!
cheeta, glad you could make use of my advice.

Quick Reply: Bought the wife a GL 550