Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Love the G-Wagon all Blacked out

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ALL4ONE is on a distinguished roadALL4ONE is on a distinguished roadALL4ONE is on a distinguished roadALL4ONE is on a distinguished roadALL4ONE is on a distinguished roadALL4ONE is on a distinguished road
I never really noticed the G Wagons all that much. I knew they existed but just never gave them the propor time of day. After seeing that video I must say that the G55 ///AMG is one hell of a car. 469BHP!!!! And that is before one of the tunning companies get their hands on it.

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
My kind of car. Fits in anywhere, super capable, sounds greats, ages well.

Old 10-02-2009 | 06:16 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALL4ONE
I never really noticed the G Wagons all that much. I knew they existed but just never gave them the propor time of day. After seeing that video I must say that the G55 ///AMG is one hell of a car. 469BHP!!!! And that is before one of the tunning companies get their hands on it.
they come with 517hp lately, 0-100kmh in 5.5seconds.

Old 10-03-2009 | 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
the g 55 imo is totally out of time and irrelevant today not to mention in comparison to simmilar costing SUVs,only it's not really a SUV on account of it's practically 0 off road capabilty(clearance of mid car exhaust pipes) only upside is the sexy sound...

Old 10-03-2009 | 05:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Neat truck but I would much rather have something designed in the century we currently live in.

Old 10-03-2009 | 06:01 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hugo
the g 55 imo is totally out of time and irrelevant today not to mention in comparison to simmilar costing SUVs,only it's not really a SUV on account of it's practically 0 off road capabilty(clearance of mid car exhaust pipes) only upside is the sexy sound...
which car is not irrelevant today?

I could not see a practical use in a SL65 black series other than being fast,loud and fun.
And there are also many other cars around which are cheaper and offer the same performance

So imo being a car enthusiast has not very much to do with making rational decisions or taking the shortest distance from A to B at minimum expenses ..and the list continues

Old 10-03-2009 | 06:27 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I've been in a G55 numerous times, even if its irrelevant the total look, feel, presence it is an awesome car indeed. I've never seen a better SUV in regard of fit and finish, the interior is in a class of its own; its like 80's-90's MB meets haute couture.

Old 10-03-2009 | 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

@ ECB : whatever,

@ mean : are you kidding me? all SUVs are by and large squeaky but the g is notorious for its squeaking back doors(vacum) and their hard to shut doors character + check out the air pumping/release mechanism for the seats side support,a class of it's own? yeah the MB C class.
On the total feel look presence i'm 100% with you,btw,up to a certain point in time i dug that car's style so much that i(incl wife) have owned 5 of them but enough is enough already

Old 10-03-2009 | 12:45 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by hugo
@ ECB : whatever,

@ mean : are you kidding me? all SUVs are by and large squeaky but the g is notorious for its squeaking back doors(vacum) and their hard to shut doors character + check out the air pumping/release mechanism for the seats side support,a class of it's own? yeah the MB C class.
On the total feel look presence i'm 100% with you,btw,up to a certain point in time i dug that car's style so much that i(incl wife) have owned 5 of them but enough is enough already
Yes the backdoor do squeek due to the heavy spare tyre carrier, I'havent experienced doors to be hard to shut, never used or bothered to fiddle with the seats mechanism...I still havent got one, didnt get bored but they are soo common here i am getting bored seeing them on a daily basis be it G55, G500 or others.

Old 10-03-2009 | 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
Best SUV, in terms of looks and sound