General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

My E320 AKA AMG killer

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Max Hughes is an unknown quantity at this point
My E320 AKA AMG killer

What's up everyone at teamspeed.com?

My name's Max Hughes and as you can probably tell I build custom turbo kits primarily for Mercedes-Benz cars. Being only 19 my ride isn't the most extravagant out there but that doesn't matter because most people just get to see the back of it .

I don't know if videos are allowed but I have a few SL55 kill vids I'm editting.

My little sleeper build
At 18psi I had 499whp but I usually keep it around 13-14 which is good for 420-430whp:

Last edited by Max Hughes; 07-02-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds pretty crazy, welcome aboard. Lets see some of these vids.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the TEAM! Sounds crazy indeed.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Nice car man! Where are you located? Is the motor built top to bottom to handle the boost? Your car is an awesome sleeper.

Very interested to see the videos.

Welcome to the team!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Videos will be complete this weekend. I still have an NSX, STI and a few LSx powered cars to finish filming.

The motor is completely stock. It has a head spacer to lower the compresssion but everything from the stock forged internals to the head bolts are stock.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, you're pushing up to 18lbs of boost on stock internals? Any signs of engine wear yet? Is the rear end built at all, or do you have any transmission slip?

How many miles are on the motor?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Man that sounds like an animal. I love sleepers. How many miles with the boost?

Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Just clicked 62300 miles today. Boosted at 43K miles.

I did manage to blow up the rear end BEFORE it was turbo lol. I was trying to burnout after I had the LSD block installed and I cracked a spider gear. I still have the broken diff in the car and it's lasted nearly 20K boosted miles.

The transmission could use a clutch pack and high hp fluid change but as I said, 19 years old and in college. The money I do save goes into dyno time and tuning the water injection.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Nice build!
Originally Posted by Max Hughes
The money I do save goes into dyno time and tuning the water injection.
Why bother with h2o inj? Get a small A/W CAC instead of the A/A and use that, works all the time and never runs out. The water inj will probably work in a lower boost application, but generally to really get it done higher pressure is needed... The "250psi" rated motors don't really put out what they say they do.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:42 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS

sick thing you got under your hood..

seems that you have a lot of knowledge on cars

but you have to lower that truck..

Quick Reply: My E320 AKA AMG killer