Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Mercedes S-Class Coupe Facelift Spied

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mercedes S-Class Coupe Facelift Spied

From WCF
Here's a look at the upcoming standard S-Class Coupe.
"Standard" meaning as opposed to the AMG version we've previously had a sneak peek at. New in the S-Class Coupe (besides the name, as it replaces the CL) will be the redesigned headlights, the addition of LED-day driving lights, a different grill that slants much less, full LED tail lights, new front and rear bumpers and a new set of pipes for the exhaust.

Engines expected are the same range as seen in the S-Class series, likely coming with improvements in fuel economy and upped performance output through engine management techniques that Mercedes-Benz is constantly developing.

An S-Class Coupe 400 BlueHybrid may also be in the works as the S-Class sedan version is already expected this May. The 400 BlueHybrid features a 3.5 liter V6 engine with 279 hp coupled with an electric motor of 20 hp and a combined torque reading of 385 Nm. With the addition of stop-start technology, the 400 BlueHybrid rates an impressive fuel economy of 7.9 liters per 100 km (30mpg US) for the full-sized S-Class.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
thanks... would a cl be smaller, same size. how would you chose?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
New S-Coupe is the current CL...

Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
I really like the w216 CL but I miss the older w215 chassis car, it was alot sexier.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Not really understanding why they are replacing two models with one. I don't see at all why you'd want such a big car as a coupe either if it has four seats. This doesn't look so much different from the new e-class, does it?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
I always thought:

CL was the coupe version of the S Klass
CLK was the coupe version of the E Klass

Also, I have always been under the impression that he the following BMW/MB lines were competing:

S Klass = 7 Series
CL Klass - 6 Series
E Klass - 5 Series
CLK Klass = 3 Series Coupe
C Klass = 3 Series Sedan
SL Klass = Z8 (Z9)
SLK Klass - Z4
ML Klass - X5
GLK = X3

Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
If this replaces the CL then the new E-class coupe should replace the CLK as well.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sp330 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont like what I see. Keep the current CL for God's sake man!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
I always thought:

CL was the coupe version of the S Klass
CLK was the coupe version of the E Klass

Also, I have always been under the impression that he the following BMW/MB lines were competing:

S Klass = 7 Series
CL Klass - 6 Series
E Klass - 5 Series
CLK Klass = 3 Series Coupe
C Klass = 3 Series Sedan
SL Klass = Z8 (Z9)
SLK Klass - Z4
ML Klass - X5
GLK = X3
CLK was built on C-class platform, CL is using S-class platform. Now, regarding to information I have Mercedes is going away from such model line for the E-class sedan and coupe, and S-class sedan and coupe.

BTW, CL was never a 6-series BMW competitor, 6-series was built on 5-series sedan platform and was never standing even close to CL-class Benz. Now Mercedes want to place brand new E-class coupe as a competitor to 6-series BMW.