Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Mercedes E-Class sedan brochure scans leaked

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:20 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mercedes E-Class sedan brochure scans leaked

Early in December 2008 the very first official pictures of the new 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class were leaked. And now less than a month later a scanned chunk of the marketing brochure with some detailed technical information and pictures has also been leaked. Contained in the German-language brochure are very intimate details of the 2010 E-Class. The car is 4.868 metres long and has a wheelbase of 2.87 metres. It comes with a range of engines with 4 and 6 cylinder models in both petrol and turbo deisel form. With the exception of the E350 4Matic models and E350 BlueTEC, all other models are BlueEfficiency equipped. Powerplants include the E200 CGI with 135kW (184hp) and 270Nm, E250 CGI with 150kW (204hp)and 310Nm, E350 CGI making 215kW (292hp)and 365Nm, and the 285kW (388hp) E500 producing 530Nm.

Diesels are pretty strong too. The E200 CDI is good for 100kW (136hp) and 360Nm, from the same engine its E220 sibling does 125kW (170hp) and 400Nm. At the top end we find an E250 CDI with 150kW (204hp) and 500Nm plus a 3.0-litre E350 CDI with BlueEfficiency makes a heady 170kW (231hp) and 540Nm of torque.
Pretty much all the styling details of the E-Class can be seen; from front to the sides to the rear. The standard car is defined by its 9-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels and the chrome grille. Some styling packages like the ELEGANCE and AMG Sports Package are available to assist buyers when individualizing the look of their cars.

The ELEGANCE Package offers features like the liberal use of chrome for styling while AVANTGARDE models are sportier and more agile in their appearance. The differences up front are very clear when the two models stand side by side. ELEGANCE models feature double foglights on each side and more chrome on the grille while AVANTGARDE models have different shaped LED foglights below the bi-xenon lights and one less chrome rib on the grille. Wheels are 17-inch alloys.

Differences extend to the interior where high quality materials are evident for both packages but ELEGANCE uses more contrast of leather with wooden materials whereas AVANTGARDE cars are fitted with aluminium to emphasize their sportier feel. An EXCLUSIVE package is also available featuring luxury materials like Nappa leather upholstery and Alcantara. The AMG Sports package comes with sports seats, a contrasting interior colour scheme and an expression of dynamic power. Although no details of the actual E-Class AMG are in these leaked brochure scans, this particular package gives a good idea of what it might look like.
Source WCF

Old 01-06-2009 | 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
CaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond reputeCaRJoE0220 has a reputation beyond repute
Im not a big fan of the 2 headlights per side deal. I like 1 headlight.

Would like to see the real thing before judging.

Old 01-07-2009 | 05:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
Jetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond repute
This is so horrible... they really f***** up the rear and the interior.

Old 01-07-2009 | 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
Jetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond reputeJetset has a reputation beyond repute
BTW here is the rear:

Old 01-07-2009 | 05:43 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man, Mercedes is losing their mind. Other than the new SL which I love, their cars have been taking a turn for the worst. That double headlight treatment reminds me of a Lexus GS. I thought Lexus was supposed to be copying Mercedes, not the other way around....

Old 01-07-2009 | 05:46 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Apart from the fact that it needs wheels at least 4 sizes bigger, I actually quite like it. What is the matter with me?

Look very asian though . . .

Old 01-07-2009 | 05:54 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Oh man, Mercedes is losing their mind. Other than the new SL which I love, their cars have been taking a turn for the worst. That double headlight treatment reminds me of a Lexus GS. I thought Lexus was supposed to be copying Mercedes, not the other way around....
SL FTW, I love the SL its very aggressive looking with the rear quad pipes. 4 door mercedes sedan either the c-class or the s-class. The E looks disgusting, the previous model looked so good. Those dimwits they haven't even made the engines faster its the same SL550 S550 engines at least they should of pushed it to 400-410hp.

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Worst looking car to come out since Bangle gave us the 745i, but on the other hand that car sorta grew on me and I wouldn't kick one out of the bed...

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Front looks Korean, back looks Japanese (Lexus spare parts?) and interior looks like an Opel. I do like the AMG package on the silver car.

Old 01-07-2009 | 08:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Interior: horrid.
Exterior: Front looks sorta ok but past the 1st 1/4 panel it starts to go very wrong very quickly. Those mirrors; yuck. Odd roofline and that mix of straight, angular lines with rounded shapes really doesn't work (the main reason why I dislike almost the entire line up of MB today). I could post something about the rear but I don't want to get banned.

Rather have a Caddy CTS actually.

Quick Reply: Mercedes E-Class sedan brochure scans leaked