Notices
General Mercedes-Benz General Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

Project Kahn and Lorinser unite in tuning partnership

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Project Kahn and Lorinser unite in tuning partnership

What do you get when a German tuner hooks up with a British designer? Sounds risky, doesn't it?

What you get first is a Kahn set of wheels. Specifically, Kahn RSL 9 X 21 matte black in the front and 10.5 X 21 at the rear. Project Kahn also provides some interior design on this Mercedes S Class, with a full bespoke leather package and other unspecified cabin detailing.

Lorinser provides the rest of the restyling through added body paneling, which from the photos we can see are side air vents and subtle new skirting all around that give the design a softer, more grounded look.

"This project is without a doubt the perfect blend of British and German styling and it will certainly ensure a great deal of customer satisfaction," says Marcus Lorinser, head of German tuner Lorinser, who has partnered with Project Kahn on this Mercedes S Class.

Well, you can view the results right here and judge for yourself.
source[worldcarfans.com

Attached Images    
Old 12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
i actually like it.....

Old 12-08-2008, 01:41 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its horrid, lorinser are far from tasteful and so is Kahn.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
nothing should touch a benz's body cept amg and brabus

Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its horrid, lorinser are far from tasteful and so is Kahn.
You know what the funniest thing about that is? Both companies used to carry VERY tasteful products. However in the name of marketing and current trends, I think both have gone in the worst direction! Lorinser started the downward spiral with its "F1" series of fenders back in about 2000 or so, and its gotten worse and worse progressively. I mean the bumpers are not so bad, but the fenders and sideskirts just scream 1995 Civic DX to me.

Kahn used to have a wheel called the RS-R back in the mid to late 90's. Just a perfect 5spoke wheel, now their wheels look like some Giovanna's or something

Old 12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
You know what the funniest thing about that is? Both companies used to carry VERY tasteful products. However in the name of marketing and current trends, I think both have gone in the worst direction! Lorinser started the downward spiral with its "F1" series of fenders back in about 2000 or so, and its gotten worse and worse progressively. I mean the bumpers are not so bad, but the fenders and sideskirts just scream 1995 Civic DX to me.

Kahn used to have a wheel called the RS-R back in the mid to late 90's. Just a perfect 5spoke wheel, now their wheels look like some Giovanna's or something
Yes lorinser used to have good kits but now they are over the top with bodywork, so is Kahn. I like Kahn's simpler kits on the Range Rover however on other cars its just unbearable.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
i like it.i think if you kept stock fenders car would look great..