Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

New DD for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
The A8 is at the moment the best car in this segment....

Old 01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ordered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by exRockstar
The A8 is at the moment the best car in this segment....
In terms of rear comfort, yes. But not in terms of ride quality, driver enjoyment and performance. Plus I find that it lacks badly interms of road presence, over here we have a lot of them and I feel its hard to differentiate them from the A6. The 7 series and S class still manage to stand out.

We have the S8 that my dad drives, I'd rate that the best, but definitely not the A8.

The A8 3.0T is pathetically slow, I have a 0-100 vid that I took about a week ago, I'd be happy to post it. I haven't driven the 4.0T, but I'd still wager that the 750 would kill it.

Drive both and let me know what your opinions are.

Last edited by Ordered Analogue; 01-30-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Yes, I'm sorry, when i meant the A8 i was refering the all the top versions, diesel or petrol. There's no way the 7 series can outdo the A8. Specially in the petrol version. Way more heavy.... In terms of tech the A8 is better in my opinion, just a little bit. In road presence, i understand what you mean, but i do not see how can the 7 series can have more presence. I mean, just the technology that the A8 shows in the front is way cool looking than the 7 series in my view.
But anyway, congratulations on the new car

Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ordered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond reputeOrdered Analogue has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks,

Here's the 3.0T, honestly felt my Q7 is faster. I can't believe the way they've retuned this engine.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
i would never consider the A8 in that segment if it wasnt an S8. I am also of the opinion that the A8 is boring and it looks too much to the A6... which is very similar to the A4....

in that segment i would just take the S class.. its just business...

if i had to choose the most sexy car in that segment then it would be a tie between XJ and Quattroporte...

but i have to say this 7 series is really sexy...

Last edited by MrD; 01-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yes, agree with you. But you have to think that Audi came up with the A6 after the A8, and they stated that they wanted the A6 to be a mini A8. So the A6 is a copy of the A8 or if you look it in other way, its a complement. But anyway, thats just talk.....

The XJ is so sexy...... as the new Quatroporte.....

Why didn't you waited a little longer for the new S-class?

Old 01-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yes, agree with you. But you have to think that Audi came up with the A6 after the A8, and they stated that they wanted the A6 to be a mini A8. So the A6 is a copy of the A8 or if you look it in other way, its a complement. But anyway, thats just talk.....

The XJ is so sexy...... as the new Quatroporte.....

Why didn't you waited a little longer for the new S-class?
Agree about the Jag, but as we already have an XF I wanted to try a different brand. And I haven't had a BMW since my E60, so decided to try their new F series.

As for the S class, no doubt the family will get one when it comes out, we had a S500 from 08-10, in 2 years it covered over 120K kms and didn't fault us even once.

I love Audi, but if I had to choose any of their saloons it would defiantly be a 6, A/S wouldn't matter, for me personally I feel it is the most complete car out there at the moment ( At a normal consumer level ).

Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Oh, ok, understand now why you went for the bmw..... Hope you can put it as many km's as on the family's S class....

Old 01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
trust me... he will... he is already at a good start..

Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Oh, ok, understand now why you went for the bmw..... Hope you can put it as many km's as on the family's S class....
It's 5 weeks old and has nearly 6K on it

Edit : Sorry I miscalculated the time.

Last edited by Ordered Analogue; 01-30-2013 at 02:49 PM.