Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

1 series?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
monokuroboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 1 series?

Does anyone know when it's coming out in the US?
I'm thinking that although it's pretty fugly, it's a pretty decent college kid kinda car? and with how slow the lower model is, I wouldn't be getting my ass in trouble. I think. (with the TT model, I'd be trying to figure out what EMS to put on there and up the boost...(are there EMS's for euro cars, or can they use the same as imports, like the HKS f-con and haltech standalone, ect...?))

and does anyone have a guesstimate of how much a lease on one would be? (it's like 28k msrp, and the one I chose out at the bmw site was 32k with the 3 options I wanted).... kinda wanting a car for a few years that I know won't be worth it to try to mod....(They'd be a waste when I start crashing into things and curbing the wheels with my asian driving skills, too....)

thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
I think the only one who can answer your Q's is DJ. I like the 1 series I drove the 118 in Europe I can till you this it was slow you need to get the 135 thats a good car

Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
Doctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor Love has a reputation beyond repute
The tii is coming, and it will be the one to have....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/25/s...on-bmw-135tii/

Do want!!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
i'd buy a used Mini instead - better looking, probably just as much fun, and you don't have to deal w/ the depreciation.

- chuck

Old 01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
i'd buy a used Mini instead - better looking, probably just as much fun, and you don't have to deal w/ the depreciation.

- chuck
Yes, a Mini Cooper S would be a good choice, but you'd be tempted to mod it and you can get yourself in trouble.
I'd have a look at the Audi A3 sportsback with Open sky, S-line with sports seats, the Bose stereo and maybe Quattro. You can probably get one for ~30k.
The new Audi A5 starts at $39k, so if you can find a demo car (wait 6 months), you can probably get one for mid 30's.

Below is a nicely equipped A3 2.0T.

2.0 T 200 HP 6 speed
Exterior Ibis White
Interior
Seats: Sport seats

Upholstery: Leather seating surfaces

Upholstery Black, Dashboard Black-Black, Carpet Black, Headliner Platinum

Individual options MSRP
($) All equipment
Open sky system

Convenience package

S line package

Audio package
Standard Features Standard Features
6-speed manual transmission

Last edited by Dave S; 01-30-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Advanced anti-theft vehicle alarm system
erodynamic halogen headlights with integrated low beam and high beam
Backlit instrument cluster
Brake pad wear indicator
CD Changer Preparation
Car jack and tool kit
Convex outer right rearview mirror
Driver Information System (DIS)
Driver side exterior rear view mirror
Dual zone air conditioning with climate control
Dual-stage front airbags with occupant sensing for passenger side*
Electronic cruise control
Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
Front and rear floor mats
Front center armrest with fold-up storage compartment
Head restraints for each of the three rear seats
Height-adjustable front seat headrests
Leather gearshift knob
Load-through rear seat including center armrest with beverage holder
Lower Anchorage and Tethers for Children (LATCH) in rear seats
Luggage compartment floor covering
Outdoor temperature gauge
Power adjustable outside mirrors
Power rear window wiper
Power rear windows with power retention, ”one touch up,” ”one touch down” and pinch protection
REARGUARD head restraints for front seats
Remote locking system
Seat belt warning light and tone
Servotronic®, speed-sensitive close-ratio power steering for sporty handling
Sideguard™ head protection airbags for front and rear occupants*
Space saver spare wheel
Standard molded headlining
Tire pressure monitoring system

Sorry, the site doesn't allow me to show the pictures, but you can build your own car at Audi.com

Last edited by Dave S; 01-30-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242

- chuck
Agreed. And doesn't the 3 Series start at ±32k anyway in the US?

EDIT indeed it does; you can have a 328i for around 32K base. I'd always go with the 3 instead of the 1. The 1 handles nice but that's about the only USP it has.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
monokuroboo is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the feedback guys

ehh.... mini's are.... they're cute....but a little....too cute? haha
and I've never liked audi's much...
I'll take a look at the 328... ( i know a lot of older people with them, though haha )