Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

BMW Electric "i-Sedan" Test Mule Spotted

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post BMW Electric "i-Sedan" Test Mule Spotted

BMW Electric "i-Sedan" Test Mule
Under this 7-Series appears to be BMW's foray to the luxury electric sedan game

Our spies caught this rather interesting test mule yesterday out and about. It seems BMW is already working on expanding the i line-up even before the i3 and i8 hit the market. This test mule is proof to us that BMW is working on an electric luxury sedan to compete with the likes of Tesla and Fisker.

If you look closely at the front wheels you will see what looks like wheel hub motors, electric motors, powering the front wheels. We also notice that the fenders in both front and back don’t really fit. And at last, look at those really narrow tires. We don't have any other details for now but stay tuned and we'll get back this as soon as we can!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Ksears You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
So a hybrid? Looks like some fairly large exhaust pipes. Maybe dropping the new 4-cylinder in it?