Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Video of BMW Z4 28i with new 4-cylinder N20 turbo engine carving canyon roads

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:30 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Video of BMW Z4 28i with new 4-cylinder N20 turbo engine carving canyon roads

BMW Z4 N20 Grimes Canyon - YouTube

BMW Z4 sDrive28i carves canyon roads in California with the new 2.0-litre 4-cylinder N20 engine

With its athletic design, agile handling and powerful engine, the BMW Z4 has achieved outstanding success in the class of premium roadsters, having been the worldwide segment leader in 2009 and 2010. Starting in September the Z4 will feature another technological highlight: a completely newly developed 2-litre engine with TwinPower Turbo technology.

Maximum output of 240 horsepower is achieved at 5,000 rpm, 1,500 rpm lower than in the normally-aspirated 3.0-liter inline six. The peak torque of 260 lb-ft comes on stream at just 1,250 rpm. Not only is that nearly 20 percent more torque than the aforementioned inline six, it also peaks 1,500 rpm earlier. The new BMW Z4 sDrive28i will arrive in US showrooms this fall.”

Thanks to TwinPower Turbo technology, the new supercharged 4-cylinder petrol engine with all-aluminium crankcase, already available in the BMW X1 xDrive28i, provides increased torque, improved performance and much reduced fuel consumption and emission levels as compared to the existing 6-cylinder induction engine model BMW Z4 sDrive30. The absolute figures, including those for the driving performance of the new BMW Roadster, are expected to be finalised mid-year.

This newly developed engine in the BMW Z4 sDrive 28i uses the globally unique BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. In other words it is fitted with High Precision Injection as well as a turbocharger powered via two exhaust ducts. Other elements of this progressive engine package include the variable camshaft control system double VANOS and the fully variable valve control system VALVETRONIC.

The new 2-litre petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology in the BMW Z4 sDrive28i thus sets a further milestone in the BMW EfficientDynamics strategy.

Sales of the Z4 28i with N20 4-cylinder turbo start this September.

The exhaust note sounds pretty good!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
4RD4TW has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Sounds good enough to me...

Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Power seems great for a 2.0. Pretty cool!