Notices
General BMW | Mini General BMW & Mini Cooper Discussion Forum.

Spied: BMW 1 series (F20) Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Spied: BMW 1 series (F20) Video

YouTube - 2012 BMW 1-Series 5-door

Spied cold weather testing, the new BMW 1 series (F20)

Here are the best and clearest photos of the upcoming BMW 1 series revealing some new details inside and out. From the outside we can notice that the 1 series gets squared-off Angel eyes as seen on some of the latest BMW Concept cars. The new 1 series will also be the first BMW with the side indicators mounted in the side mirrors.

Inside we can see a red stitching on the steering wheel as well as a red stripe on the dash. It looks as BMW is giving the 1 series some color in all that black interior. Also easy to spot, the flip-up sat-nav screen.

This prototype has the 2.0 liter diesel engine and has the new 8-speed sport gearbox. We also suspect that this car has the xDrive 4x4 system since it was testing together with a current 3 series xDrive, a new 3 series prototype with xDrive and an Audi A4 quattro.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
desmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond repute
When my wife & I visited her parents last summer in Germany we rented a 1 series. Even though it was a 1.8 liter, if I remember correctly, it was still a great car. I was able to do 170kph (~ 107mph) on the Autobahn no problem. It didn't even feel like I was trying. I would seriously consider getting one for a daily.

Originally Posted by DJ
As if we didn't know the manufacture. That they covered the emblem just cracks me up.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:13 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Love it! This may be the next car in my stable for wifey. I notice it has a stratification HVAC asjustment like the 3-Series. Wish my 135i had that feature.

Can't wait to see the car unveiled.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
clou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enough
Will the NA market actually get the 1 series hatch? I saw the current gen when I was in London a couple summers ago and thought the hatch suited the 1 series better than the coupe.

Last edited by clou; 03-14-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
New video added to OP.